1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trust issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bassboss, Jan 16, 2018.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So Everytime i get into a relationship the first thing I do is worry and stress, like the relationship is nice when we're together but when we're apart it's really bad and all I do is worry about them. Also its really hard for me to accept that anyone cares about or loves me. I know I love them but them saying they love me is like someone telling me that pigs can fly. And the smallest things freak me out like I'm dating this girl and she didn't like my post on Instagram and I basically am in panic mode and just feeling like absolute garbage all because she didn't like my post. Im starting to wonder if it's not healthy for me to be in a relationship. I went to my therapist today and wanted to talk about it but I didn't so idk what to do I feel horrible and my chest hurts.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you're pretty clear that this doesn't come from any behavior on the part of people you date. And from what you describe in your post, I would be inclined to agree.

If you acknowledge that this doesn't come from any behavior of your significant other, where do you think it comes from in your own experience? Do you remember when this started?

Also, if you are already seeing a therapist, this would be a great thing to mention in your next session. Do you think you'll be comfortable bringing it up?