1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tried outing with mom...oops

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Happy1, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Happy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Finally got the nerve to talk to mom and siblings about how I feel about sexuality and the world in general, got the "repent and pray this away or no heaven" reply. All are Pentecostal ministers, I am the lone wolf Unitarian. Ouch! Sure am glad I found this place. Now they are acting like nothing was said and it is being swept under the rug along with a lot of other things that the family won't discuss. Normal reaction, right?

2. JooBooGoo

I'm sorry that your family isn't supportive of you. Did you come out as bi to them or only express your opinions to them? And do you have any family or friends that are LGBT friendly that you can talk to?

3. Happy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I came out to them; fortunately I have a few gay friends who have always been there for me, my chosen family. My family is what it is, I think I have always known that...

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Happy1,

I'm sorry this was their reaction. Don't feel pressured, you did what you could and you told them.

On the other hand, it is great to know that you have friends that are there for you!

And you have us to talk :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

5. itsmary

Sorry to hear this but don't worry, you have your friends and all of us (*hug*)

6. Gay4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How unfortunate! I would offer advice in this situation but seeing as how I was just kinda kicked out of the closet I can't. So, I'll offer my sympathy. :/ I'm really sorry for this!