1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transition confusion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by darkcomesoon, Jun 11, 2015.

1. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I generally think of myself as someone who doesn't have enough dysphoria for it to be worth transitioning physically. I know a social transition is right for me and top surgery might be as well, but T hasn't felt like the right option. But I just heard that a friend of mine has gone on T and I felt/feel so jealous it physically hurt, and it confuses me. Transition jealousy is not new to me, but last time it was about top surgery, which makes sense because that's something I want. I don't know what to think of the fact that I'm so jealous of someone going on T when I thought that wasn't even what I wanted. Rationally, it's still not what I want. But does this mean that on some level I do want it? Or do I just wish I wanted it? Or am I just being dumb and jealous for no reason?

2. AlexTheGrey

Sit on that thought for a bit. Sudden reactions aren't great to look at too deeply. Because you are right, it could be something and it cold be nothing. The only real way is to give it time and reevaluate later.