1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans male and dating???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Plant7120, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Plant7120

I am 40, and starting to come out as a trans male, which I have been since Jr. High/High School. However, dating seemed to be a bit complicated since I haven't started testosterone as of yet, and my voice, body, facial features still signify that I am woman. For any trans men out there, how did you deal wit it in the beginning???

I enjoy physically fit men as far as dating/sexually. However, I tend to sexually want to be a male with a male sexually. I have no interest in dating women at all at this point although I've heard that may change when on testosterone. Kind of makes it impossible, or more complicated to date!!

Socially, I am looking for a support group here in Spartanburg, but that is proving difficult as well.

---------- Post added 2nd Jul 2015 at 03:16 PM ----------

I hope I didn't put that in the wrong area!!

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not out or on T yet but I know others who use on line dating sites. Gives them the chance to say they are pre t ftm, and gives them the chance to get to know the guy through messaging before actually meeting.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The T changing sexuality thing is something that can happen, but it is really unlikely. If you are attracted to men, then that is most likely who you will be attracted to if/when you go on T. Online dating can be shady, so if you go with that option, you would want to be sure to be safe about that.

4. Plant7120

I am normally very careful when it comes to online dating, always have been! Honesty is the best way to go online. Ive been single for 7+ years and I'm about to go nuts!

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly never ran into complications in the dating scene pre-T, but maybe I just got lucky.

I know one guy online who I hung out with once was interested in dating me, and my trans status didn't seem to matter to him. I eventually got back with an ex who doesn't care about my trans status since he's in the same boat as I am. Online dating is pretty great if you're anxious about social scenes. All I can say is to be careful, but that's a general word of caution for anyone getting into the dating game.

With T, I wouldn't say it "turns you gay" or "turns you straight". It might make you more comfortable with yourself to peruse other options, but as Brad said, if you're interested in men, it's unlikely that will change. I know for me I just say I'm queer, despite being almost strictly attracted to men these days (a solid 5.5 on the Kinsey pretty much).