1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trans jokes in school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joshy the queen, Jan 7, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There this jerk who pretends he is a trany to make his friends laugh
    Like he always ask the french teacher and if its a trany should I treat it female or male !
    I get pissed from his words
    He even say I'm his trany
    I just cant handle it I'm not a trans but I love respect and adore trans people and I want a way to stand up to him and make him stop
    Its ok I got rid of some bad rumors they used to say about me but that jerk is sticking with trans jokes and I want him to stop but hopelessly. I came here asking cause my ways didn't work with him
    Btw he seems to have a crush on me and we are kinda enemies cause I'm alll rude bitchy on him

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please don't use the word "tranny".

That's like using the word fag.

Second, being transgender isn't just the "cool new thing to do".

Third, tell him to grow up and don't associate with people like that.

3. SomeLeviathan

this.

if he keeps it up you probably should tell a teacher you trust.

4. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    He might just be trying to be funny not realizing that its not okay...that we don't want to be seen as a joke....he might be ignorant in these issues he is probably thinking its a lifestlye choice....I had friends before I came out use words like that and joke around about it but when I came out to them they cut that crap real fast and now they understand its not a choice its how we were born.....but some people don't care and will hurt anyone they can to make them feel better about themselves

5. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

Explain to him what exactly trans people are because I've met so many people who think they are perverts and when I explained the truth to them they changed their opinion. If that doesn't work tell a teacher.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I absolutely adore ass clowns like that.

Gives me something to direct this anger at.

To be a little more practical, your friend sounds like he's having an ignorant ol' time. Basically, he doesn't know the depth of idiocy that he is displaying, but he does know that there is some kind of distracting pleasure in mocking another --

I should know, hell, it was a tactic of my own, years ago. Sometimes you can't break a person, but if you can turn them into a joke, or a source of ridicule to/for others, well, what good are they then?

-- and the only thing you can really do is, try to explain to him why this is a problem. If he fails to grasp that, ask him how he'd feel if somebody mocked or ridiculed something serious about him. If he has a deceased family member, ask him how he'd feel if somebody made fun of them, if he has some insecurity about himself (and he does; nobody mocks others for no reason, it's usually to compensate or hide something about themselves), ask him how he'd feel if somebody mocked that.

If that doesn't get through to him, then put on your best impression of him -- and by 'best' I mean, totally exaggerated and unflattering. This should drive home the point, but in the event it doesn't, well, you could tell somebody with a little more authority to handle it, but do keep in mind, trans-folk often get neglected when it comes to bullying and mockery. Sadly, many individuals don't accept being trans-anything as being, say, taunted for being mentally handicapped, non-heterosexual, or a particular skin color, as equal footing, and this may not work. However, I'm going to remain optimistic on this one and, just this once, assume this will remedy the situation.

But let's be honest. Most people don't just learn by being scolded; they can be silenced temporarily, but all that does is allow such asinine behavior to retreat within -- and there, it grows and festers, possibly evolving beyond juvenile displays of buffoonery.

Ultimately, you can do 'the right thing' and speak up, or you can let this guy continue with his behavior. Eventually, behavior like that, leaves people very alone or surrounded with terrible "friends". Of course, I won't expect you to be the shining beacon of enlightenment, because life isn't always that easy. Sometimes, it's best to just let somebody crash and burn, which is what he'll wind up doing; maybe not now, but soon enough, when he encounters somebody, who he offends, who actually will retaliate.

All that said, your support is very much appreciated. It isn't easy to stand up for trans-folks at times, nor is it always safe to support them. Your bravery is noted, and invaluable. Keep up the good fight!

#6 Kaiser, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  7. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could just say something like, "repressing something are we? You seem rather obsessed with transgender people, something you want to share?". If you do that like in front of the class like that, I'd imagine that'd get him to shut right up. Of course, if you say that though, you are kinda also insinuating that it's wrong or shameful to be attracted to trans people (or be one). But as far as getting him to stop goes, I really think that'd do the trick.

The best thing to get him to stop is for someone he cares about to come out as trans*, but yeah, can't exactly depend on that to happen.

People like that aren't gonna change because you asked them to stop or because you inform a teacher (especially when most teachers have never met a trans person and are woefully ignorant themselves. They probably don't even know that "Tranny" is a slur). People like that are assholes, and in all honesty, probably are repressing something. It's usually people like that who have a trans fetish I feel.

Best of luck resolving the situation.

8. soulcatcher

He was just quoting what his friend said.

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually he wasn't if you read the syntax.

---------- Post added 7th Jan 2015 at 08:06 PM ----------

This.

10. PrairieRachel

Hug Him, smile and move on .

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like a dumb ass douche bag. Anyway he's gay and has a crush on you but he pretends he isn't by making lgbt jokes. See on the outside he's like ugh I hate u joshy but on the inside he's like I love u joshy! Unfortunately he's being difficult by being a jerk to u but u and I both know deep down inside he loves u!

12. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Kill him! With kindness of course! Be so ridiculously nice, trust me when I say it works! It will drive him mad and as soon as you stop acting like you care and ignore it, he will stop. Brush it off and keep going because that pisses "them" off the most, those obnoxious ass holes hate it! Hope I helped and that it works whatever it is you decide to do :slight_smile: although I'm not saying agree with him, DO NOT LAUGH at those rude and transphobic jokes. Ig you laugh you are only further motivating him, so yea but best of luck! :slight_smile:

13. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you guys for all the ideas I will try them and see what comes out
    Also I never laugh at him I feel offended cause I'm one of the LGBT and the T is there for a reason
    Also sorry if anyone felt offended I meant to say what he is doing and saying

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2015 at 08:56 AM ----------

Kasey I'm so sorry if you feel offended

14. soulcatcher

It is quite obvious that he forgot to use the quotation marks, as later he plainly states that he adores "trans people".

15. indiqo

I think you should tell him that you find his jokes offensive. I would not spend time with this person at all.

when I was in school, people told all kinds of so-called jokes like this, I'm sad to see things haven't changed.

I agree with this. it was ambiguous until he clarified that he was meaning to quote his friend, so understandable people misunderstood.

16. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    wait, I'm confused... doesn't the word "fag" stand for "cigarette"? because I was taught so in school :confused:

17. CyanChachki

I've gotten to a place where stuff like that doesn't hurt me anymore but I'll still put up an argument and basically show them how immature they're being. I'm sure that they're just joking but they don't know how harmful they're being. I've seen guys or must I say, "Bros" who joke about that kind of stuff and it's just not cool. Unfortunately, you can't force people to stop saying that stuff but you can attempt to educate them on why it's not a good thing to say.

18. soulcatcher

In North American dialect, the word fag is used (usually to provoke offence) to define a homosexual male.

However, a British term fag stands for cigarette.

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2015 at 10:36 PM ----------

Some people enjoy acting like buffoons.