1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Top Anti Vaxer group claims "Vaccines make kids gay" a legitimate question

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by NotSureWhatIam, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Ryu

Ryu

Man, in 2004 the MMR vaccine was claimed to caiss autism, and now vaccines are being accused of making people gay?!? Obviously people hate people becoming healthy and making their lives better in many ways even though his one persons life will in no way affect the anti vaccine-ers. What I'm even more worried about is that people aren't getting the vaccine for their children in fear of 'losing them to gayness'. Wow. Just wow. Society is pathetic.
    *pans out to a shot of myself and a shinigami back to back in respective realms*
    This world is rotten.

2. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Does this mean they're dropping the Autism thing?

And this brings up pretty much the same question: Would you rather have a gay kid or a dead kid?

3. 741852963

Meh, I'd rather be gay than have risked dying of meningitis or developing life limiting symptoms from polio.

4. photoguy93

Isn't that a silly rumor? One of my best friends Mom has a biology degree. My friends Dad is also a pediatrician, so they hear the whole "it's killing babies!" Thing. Her mom said that's not true - at all.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Top anti-vaxer? I didn't realise there was a formal hierarchy of stupidity.

6. AlamoCity

Smallpox? How long ago was that? If I recall correctly, we no longer vaccinate the general public against that, only members of the military; plus, the disease is basically eradicated.

But, yeah, the fight against smallpox and other preventable diseases like diphtheria shows how effective vaccinations are. Even if vaccines were to cause autism, the benefits outweigh the costs. While you're at it, avoid modern medicine; it's not guaranteed to cure you without side effects, but it's damn well best than the next best choice, statistically speaking.

Also, that vaccines cause "gayness" is worse. How do you explain homosexuality before Pasteur?

7. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I see such news against vaccine, I think it's just a new form of Darwin Law, I'm sorry for the children anyway.

8. NotSureWhatIam

And the internet goes tooooo

9. soulcatcher

If only that was true...