1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too feminine-looking to pass as a guy...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ace Ranger, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Ace Ranger

Not sure if its a phase or not, but as of late I've been identifying strongly with boys more so than girls. I don't feel like Im a girl whatsoever, I don't like being referred to as a female, nothing like that, I want to be seen as a boy. The only problem is that I can literally not seem to pass as a guy at all. I've tried everything, I've cut my hair just like boys, I've been wearing nothing but male clothing and havent worn anything that looks even slightly feminine (not that i don't like that kind of clothing, its just that it helps nothing), I don;t even wear makeup or anything, and my breasts are no problem since I barely pass as an A cup so its not like my chest is the thing giving it away. Yet I still look, like my face is just so girly, and sound like a girl, and because of that people still see me as a girl and I hate it. Im scared of actually trying to correct people or tell that that Id perfer to be seen as a guy, I just cannot get it out. Its like a shyness thing I have, I let myself get pushed around a lot cause of it. I am left completely clueless as to what to do.
    I mean even if no one can help me though its nice to get this off my chest, but seriously if anyone can help in any way i'm open to ideas, im desperate at this point ^^'

2. DoriaN

Hormones?

Granted if you're worried it's a phase then you may not be considering it, however it should literally solve your problems.

3. indiqo

I have the same problem except I don't identify with any gender. I am mentally neutral and I want to be physically neutral but it feels impossible to achieve when you look so defined.

I wish I could help but I can't. I just want to say I can relate. *hug*

4. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have the same problem. I could maybe pass as a 13 year old boy if I had no piercings or tattoos. It's annoying. I guess I just can't pass without hormones. I am trying to bulk up my shoulders and arms now. Getting them people even a little confused would satisfy me a bit.

5. Ace Ranger

I've actually never heard of something like that for trans people before. I just did a bunch of research on it though and you might actually be right about it solving my problem...thanks so much :slight_smile:

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please, if it's a phase or something you are not completely sure of yet, don't take hormones. Hormones are for trans people who wish to spend the rest of their life as the opposite sex. They are not something that should be used for a phase. T will have irreversible effects if you take it, some that you may not want later should you decide you actually want to identify as female.

7. Ace Ranger

You're probably right about that...I honestly don't know what I feel, Im always in doubt and against myself in these situations...I might just keep leaving it alone. Thanks for the help though ^^

8. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah hormones are pretty serious and they have some irreversible effects. I would wait until you're sure about your identity before taking them.

9. Cynder

To help your doubts and confusion, if you can, I would recommend talking to a gender therapist. A good one won't tell you that you are/aren't trans, but it will allow you to talk about it and give you a space to try it out.

About the passing, I just generally try not to talk much, and act like I don't care about anything and it seems to help me pass pretty well, though everyone seems to think I'm about 4 years younger than I am..