1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my family that I am Bi a lot earlier than I wanted, and it went over very well!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by phoenix89, Mar 26, 2014.

1. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Earlier today my Dad, my twin-sister and I were prepping/cooking dinner and my little brother was on the computer which is located in the lower part of the kitchen (house has some extensions added so the rooms do not quite make sense). Anyways, while we were talking my sister asked my Dad to talk to my older brother about him treating her like a freak for being gay. And that his friend actually says that gay people are freaks. My sister then said that my brother hates her, which by the way he has been acting I can see it. He hates everything and everyone at this point.

I was trying to be reassuring to my sister, that he does not hate and does not hate her for being gay and in the conversation I said, "No one laugh, but I am Bi". My sister said, "Finally, it took you long enough", and when I asked why she didn't say anything earlier, and she said that I was in "Narnia". Then my, little brother said, "I have known since you were born". He thinks that almost all women are Bi, which is not accurate but it was nice to hear. And then there was my Dad, " I don't care. Are you done breading the meat?". I knew none of them would care, but this was really good to hear. I told them not to tell my other brothers and my one brother's girl-friend, until I am ready, and they said that it was none of their business.

After this we went back to cooking dinner like nothing had happened. This is the best reaction that I could have asked for. I am currently bouncing and want to cry (tears of joy). This was not how I was expecting to come-out but it works and I am really happy that I can go back to school from break without having to worry about this.

Thanks for listening to this. I just felt the need to get it out.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Told my family that I am Bi a lot earlier than I wanted, and it went over very we

Congrats! I'm glad to hear that it went well, even if you did come out earlier than you had planned :slight_smile:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Told my family that I am Bi a lot earlier than I wanted, and it went over very we

Yay!!!!

4. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thanks Brad. and SemiCharmedLife. I am so glad it went over very well, even if was a bit earlier than I expected.

5. Kenaria

yayayayay! congratulations! Glad it went well :grin:

6. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thanks I'm glad too

7. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Congraaaaaaats! Good for you!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

8. oLukeo

oLukeo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Congratulations!, I love how it was as if nothing happened (which it should be)

9. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thanks. It feels so good to have them know what is going on.

Thanks. It was really nice how it happened. It was like just another conversation and that was probably one of the best things about it. I am barely out of shock over it, but that is okay. I am just so glad that they are accepting and do not care that am Bi. That means the world to me right now.

10. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Congrats :grin:

11. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

That is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a similar experience with my cousin. We were talking and I mentioned and admitted that the issues last year that I was having was with a girl. I then added that I liked this girl who I later found out was crazy, but oh well. Anyways, my cousin just smiled and said how proud she was. She said that she had a feeling last year, but felt when I was ready to tell her I would. The interesting part was she actually started to cry because she was sad that I felt like I would be disowned. It was nice and well those closest to me treat me the same who know :slight_smile:

12. oLukeo

oLukeo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

So cool! The first person I'd tell is my Twin and I'd love for it to be that way for me when I'm ready to do it.

13. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family

Awesome! Congratulations that it went so well!