1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today was terrifying.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SyIveon, Feb 3, 2023.

1. SyIveon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, as backround information, I'm a year 7 student, so the youngest year in my school.

We just ignore him, and continue on, until the yr 10 jumps on to the table and stands on it, being incredibly rude to two of my friends (The boys) and exessivly nice to another (The obvious girl. I'm just being ignored, something I'm quite good at.) We politly ask him to screw off, and he gets off the table, still being still very sexual.

Now, he asks "Are any of you lgbts." I'm still closeted to those friends, so I say no. Also, at this point I'm quite worried, given I've heard rumors of year 10's who go arrounded 'hunting' and atacking lgbtq+ students..

He said, word-for-word. "Pity. I need a new punching bag."

At this point I'm terrified, and the idiot jumps back on the table and ****ing ruffles my hair. Honestly, I don't know why, but this made me sooooo angry. So two of us just glared at him, and he finally left.

I'm really scared they'll (He had several friends with him) find out who I am. So yeah. Kinda frightening.

Ushiromiya Red likes this.
  2. Complicated101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The first thing you should report his behaviour to the head or deputy head teacher and insist you want to remain anonymous.

I don't have the solution for actually being bullied in school as I was for most of my high school experience. It was rough but I survived. But if I was to do it all again I would try to ignore it, don't respond if they ask questions and as soon as it becomes physical, report it instantly and like I said report any threats of physical violence. The school won't stand for it.

Ushiromiya Red likes this.
  3. Incoming

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes this kind of bullying is just posturing. Moronic teenagers looking to distract themselves, or to prove something (what exactly, who knows).

Unfortunately you can't tell what this guy's true intentions are. If your teachers don't take your complaint seriously, you could report your concerns to the school security staff - who might have a more proactive attitude.

Being able to record audio or video of such incidents on your phone could provide you with evidence, although this could provoke potential bullies too.

Ipswichfan and Ushiromiya Red like this.
  4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sylveon.....I was a high school teacher for 41 years. In every school that I taught at we absolutely would not have allowed that kind of conduct to happen more than once. That student would have been not just warned, but suspended for at least three days with all credit for school work lost during those days. My middle son was bullied by an older kid in middle school. I had him report it to the principle every time. The kid got in-school suspension. Then one day the kid went too far and hit my son. My son lost his temper, grabbed the kid and held him up against a wall and told to stop and never do it again! The kid was suspended for three days and lost his school credit for those days. His dad made the kid work on his job with him and made the kid give the money he earned to my son! That was a serious lesson!
    Find a teacher who will support you and have them go with you to the administration...whatever they are called in your school. Report it anonymously if you have to, but report it every time it happens. Any teacher or principal, etc. who is worthy to be called an educator will want to put this kind of behavior to a stop. If they are worth anything at all they'll want to stop it before someone gets hurt, there is bad publicity or there is a law suit. But you have to report it. You don't have to tell them that you are LGBTQ, but this kind of behavior just must be stopped.
    ......David :gay_pride_flag:

#4 quebec, Feb 3, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    Ipswichfan and Ushiromiya Red like this.
  5. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow...I'm so sorry you've had to go through that. If I were you, I would report what happens to a teacher or staff member at your school that you trust. What happened to you and your friends was inexcusable, disrespectful and wrong. I don't blame you for not outing yourself, especially since you weren't in a safe situation. Take a deep breath, I hope you and your friends are in a safe situation now. I wish that didn't happen to you.

Incoming likes this.
  6. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *offers internet hugs*
    [​IMG]