1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Trans Guys worried about femininity:

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Riz

Riz

I'm just gonna point out how much I love this thread. This is something every transman (or someone else than feel like their femininty make them "invalid") needs to hear.

2. Cedar

Can I admit it? I secretly love makeup but I never admitted it because I don't want to appear remotely feminine. I've recently been looking at a lot of goth guys through youtube and have felt inspired to have another go at makeup. Gaaah, I love gothic makeup sooo much:icon_redf...

3. Riz

Riz

When I was a teenager I loved visual-kei artist's makeup (kinda glam vs goth), because it was always so new and inspiring, but most of the time didn't fail to be manly as well!

I think makeup can actually make you more masculine if done the right way

4. Taylor16

Taylor16 Guest

You sir, are my new fave person. :eusa_clap

5. JackIsANerd

I like all things Disney, the color purple, and I call everything cute but I am still a dude! :grin:

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2016 at 08:05 PM ----------

This is an amazing thread

#25 JackIsANerd, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  6. Taylor16

Taylor16 Guest

I know right! I'm like oh that dog is so cute. Then I'm like wow my horse is so cute and I just want to squish his big head with the cuddliest hug ever...then I'm like suddenly dude, be more manly - then like ehhh eff it. Or I see a really cute little kid (cos I coach little kids) and I'm like awwww, they're so adorable. They always tell me how awesome and the best I am.

This is all us lads being cute.....(&&&)

Loving this threat so so much.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amen. Why have gender roles when we can have pizza rolls and cinnamon rolls?

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Femme trans guys restore my faith in humanity.

9. Taylor16

Taylor16 Guest

Here in Australia both of those rolls aren't available... :frowning2: Like in London I loved cinnabon, but Australians don't even know what it is. Only cinnamon rolls are like donut things in a spiral with cinnamon/glaze. And when I visited America I swear I went through boxes of pizza rolls...

But here in Australia we have a lot of spring rolls and chiko rolls.

10. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad everyone can relate and likes this thread! I think it's something all trans guys need to hear. :slight_smile:

11. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless gluten free I can't have any of those things. I'll have to make do with something else xD

My favorite color actually is purple
    Me and my brother both will random start singing Disney songs as well

12. SHIELDAgentAlex

Not just trans guys; I'm cis and this made my day. Personally, I'm a guy who's not only very gay, I live in a Missouri farm town and am the Senior Patrol Leader of our Boy Scout troop. So yeah, this was basically the exact thing I needed today, after a Scout meeting where I repeatedly demonstrated my inability to tie knots, light a fire, or pitch a tent.

13. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, everyone's welcome here who can benefit from it. We're all trying to avoid oppressive gender roles, right? Go feminine dudes!

14. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm generally quite masculine, except when I get into the kitchen and bake cute little cupcakes with buttercream icing and sprinkles and little marzipan flowers! :grin:

15. noname8387

(I think) I am a cis guy and I'm really feminine, but I hate myself for that and even question my gender because it is too much; I like feeling fabulous, desired by men, and like a diva but when I do I feel like a woman and it is really conflicting for me :S Most of my role models are women and a lot of times I feel like I am not man enough.

#35 noname8387, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  16. Cedar

I think visual-kei is very pretty, I like it when people use their make-up as another form of art instead of keeping it"normal" or "natural-looking".

17. oh my god I

Oh my god I LOVE V-KEI. And those dudes are beautiful and masculine too and so cooool. Hyde (of l'arc~en~ciel) is an obsession of mine. He's also 5' tall and SO COOL. And SO PRETTY/HANDSOME TOO. If I never transitioned I would want to be like Hyde. <---also I don't think this is shameful or makes me not trans enough either even though I used to think that. Sometimes I thought wanting to be like certain boys made me a boy.

I'm mtf and I still struggle with my socialization about being feminine. I was never masculine but I was afraid for a very long time to be more than neutral. Or if I was feminine, back then I thought I had to do it in a prescribed stereotypical campy way. But, it's so stupid. Yes. Men or anyone currently or ever perceived as male can be anything they want to be! Way better to be feminine and/or fabulous than being some insufferable dudebro.

#37 oh my god I, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  18. Athexant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love this thread, and I think this thread should be shown to anybody questioning their gender identity due to gender roles. I'm trans, and I am valid. If you identify as something, then that's what you are. I don't think traditional gender roles should define anyone.

I have really masculine friends, and I fit in really well with them. I'm not too big on sports, but I love most things associated with males. That being said, I still like wearing makeup occasionally, I'm very easily excitable, laugh over pretty much anything, and have an obsession with really cute animals. That doesn't make me any less male than a cis male.

19. AlexTheGrey

For those that like reading the science, I ran across a recent study that seems to find that there is no "stereotypically male" or "stereotypically female" brain. But rather, (almost) every brain is a mosaic of what we consider to be female or male structures. And that if you are looking at an MRI or other brain scan, you simply cannot tell the sex of the person with any certainty. [Link: Science Magazine]

I found it interesting because science continues to tear down this idea that gender stereotypes have any basis in reality, piece by piece. It also gives more evidence that expression and identity are two distinct things.

20. Tardis221B

Interesting article, I wonder how they would fit transgender, non binary, and intersex individuals into their study?

I think of myself as a very feminine and classically nerdy guy (trans guy). I love dress shirts with flowered patters. Ties with lots of quirk (animals, flowers, ect). I wear make up to a certain extent. I'm not that into practicing sports unless running counts. I dont enjoy watching sports at all, unless its the olympics (Ice dancing, diving, track & field). I love art, and I paint. Disney has my heart (as does Harry Potter... always). I just have a quirk to me that is generally seen as feminine that ranges from my mannerisms, to the way i talk, to my love for all things pretty.

But :slight_smile: none of these things invalidate gender identity and i think thats wonderful.