1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of being alone

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Veronica11, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Veronica11

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there!
    So here I am 50+ realizing I was brainwashed into thinking I was straight, by family members, school, and society in general always played the part of the good wife and mother, and now after 2 divorces and some other failed relationships with the realization that no one made me happy until I found myself realizing those men only wanted to confine me in the stereotype woman.
    After that realization I found myself understanding that I'm not straight at all, I'm simply seeking the true caring of someone who gets me as I am, a nerdy, kind, empathetic person who simply seeks likeminded people to be with, with no expectations "be as I am" friendship.
    Let's face it, this world of late has had people showing the ugliest most awful behavior and hateful beliefs it feels like I'm in a movie where I'm completely alone because we're hiding from those out there whose beliefs are destructive and homicidal, it's beyond belief.
    I would like to hear from those who feel this and wish to come together for support.
    Can anyone out there relate to this?

Thyme Traveler likes this.
  2. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey. I'm so sorry you're going through this. While my story is slightly different to yours, I often feel very alienated and lonely too. Hopefully others who have closer lived experiences to your own will answer here and be able to help you more, but you're not alone in this. I'm a bit nerdy, try to be kind and understand people. It can be tough sometimes. But you seem like a very kind-hearted person, so it's horrible to see you going through this kind of sadness at the moment. Hopefully being here helps you, and you can start to find people who will understand your struggles.

3. Thyme Traveler

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Veronica11,
    Yes I can totally relate! I don't know your relation to the location in your bio, but I actually grew up in CS (middle & high school - I'm 52 now). I was deeply sheltered and also brainwashed into thinking my only value was being a wife & mother. All the typical heteronormative indoctrination of the times... I didn't even know "lesbian" was a thing! I had a very very long journey to finding myself. Occasionally I found good people along the way, but I realize now that I've always had trouble connecting with people because I either didn't know myself or wasn't able to be my true self. It's still really hard to meet friends that I might have things in common with... I'm too old for people who are into the same geeky things as me, too "young" to understand people my own age. I find myself extremely concerned with everything happening around the world, and frustrated with people who don't care and/or don't know what's going on. Would love to chat! :slight_smile:

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC, I dont have the same story you do but im sorry you went through so much brainwashing etc. It is great that you now know what you want and hope that you find peace and happiness within that. It is never too late for a happy ending.