1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips for High School?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 1234567890, Aug 28, 2007.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."

"To thine own self be true/and it shall follow as the night the day/thou canst not then be false to any man."

And (I would never have believed this at the time) stand up to bullies as best you can because they like to attack those they believe (however erroneously) are weak. And better still, stand up to bullies who are picking on other people because the only reason bullies get away with the shit they get away with is because most everybody stands there and lets them, which is sad and disgusting on innumerable levels.

Popular people have tons of insecurities too--they're just better at hiding them.

And people are totally drawn to confidence, and you can actually fake confidence and people will gravitate towards you because they want to believe you are as confident as you seem. Actually, that's high school popularity in a nutshell. Of course bona fide confidence is always best but if you don't have that, fake it till you make it or however that goes. :slight_smile:

2. nisomer

Be yourself, be open to meet new people, and GET INVOLVED!! My biggest regret freshman year was that I wasn't in any extracurricular activities. It doesn't matter what you do, just do something!