1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time is slipping.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TryingAtLeast, Jan 26, 2020.

1. TryingAtLeast

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all,

I came out when I was 21. I was starting to have fun with other guys and starting to enjoy life. Then, when I was 22, I had a psychotic break in which I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I experienced years-long hallucinations and delusions from 2015 til about a month ago. I’m almost 28 now.

I cry every night because I feel like I’ve been robbed, and time feels like its slipping away. I missed out on so much and it’s just not fair. I was 145 lbs when I was 22. I weight 370 now. I’m unemployed.

I feel like something has been stolen from me.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you are finding your feet again after a period of great uncertainty.
    That is a great thing and I hope you can build on it in a positive solid way.
    So the first rule is not to mourn the past - you had no control over that and you can only “write it off” and say goodbye to it. You did the best you could with the strength you had.
    What you CAN do now is plan the future in easy manageable steps.
    If you catch yourself looking back with regrets, try and think out of that trap.
    A counsellor/ therapist/ life coach would be a great help to work with you in navigating the path of recovery and goal setting ahead.
    Xx

#2 bingostring, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020