1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TI fans: Opinions about his album?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jay, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Jay

Jay

I don't care about the whole thing, I just know the album is worth having because of this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpduaeRWWYo[/YOUTUBE]

2. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

This is pretty good. I'm on wikipedia just looking at some of the guest appearances............Scarface and Eminem are probably the only good ones. The-Dream is alright too. Production from Jim Johnson and The Neptunes...I'll download this and give a review later.

T.I. is probably the only non-underground rapper I have any kind of respect for. He's the only rapper on the radio I'll give the time of day lol.

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Alright, here is my long, detailed, dragged-out review.
    1. Welcome to the World - Song is alright. It's got Kanye and Kid Cudi. I guess for an intro it's pretty good. Pretty much about fucking girls they don't love. Nothing special. The beat is pretty good, I'll give it that, but the chorus is horrible lol.

2. How Life Changed - I actually like this song a lot. The beat really blew me away from the start to finish. Amazing production from Lil' C. It's got Mitchelle'l & Scarface. Basically about reminiscing about growing up in the ghetto selling drugs and other crime. Scarface makes this beat his bitch. If you don't know Scarface, he's basically the king of the south to the real hip-hop-heads.

3. Get Back Up - I don't really like this song. Chris Brown is on this, but he uses that stupid auto-tune effect, to make his voice sound all electronic. He can actually sing, I don't know why he used that. The beat is alright, not a lot of bass to it though.

4. I Can't Help It - This song has Rocko (guy who sang "I'ma Do Me" from about 3 years ago). T.I. tries to do his fast rapping thing on here, which he's never been too good at. Rocko doesn't do it any better Basically about getting money and pussy. Nothing we haven't heard 1,000,000 times already. The beat is your basically piano with synths in the back. If it were to be released as a single it wold probably be huge.

5. That's All She Wrote - T.I. and Eminem sing the chorus, which makes me facepalm. Needless to say the chorus is horrible. The beat is alright. Got a little guitar to it. Not bad. T.I.'s wordplay on this is pretty good. This one has Eminem. It's nothing compared to what he used to be, but it blows anything else on the radio out of the water.

6. No Mercy - The beat on this sounds like some end of the world movie shit lol I don't know how to explain it. If you heard it, you'd understand what I was getting at. It's not bad. It's got The-Dream singing and producing. I liked the lyrics. T.I. is a pretty good rapper.

7. Big Picture - Probably one of my least favorite songs on here. The beat is produced by DJ Toomp. He hasn't made a huge name for himself, but he's produced a few songs you hip hop fans would probably know. It's got guitars and trumpets. Kinda sounds like something you'd hear at a sports event as your favorite team is coming out lol. T.I. songs the chorus...........again. Not a fan of that. His lyrics are alright. He takes liberty in his right to cuss.

8. Strip - Basically another sex song. It's got Trey Songz and Young Dro. Kinda boring, considering we've all heard it 1,000,000 times before. I couldn't even make it all the way through this one.

9. Salute - This song is pretty boring. The beat isn't that great in my opinion. T.I. basically talks about how hardcore he is. I don't have much to say about this boring song.

10. Amazing - This one has Pharrell on it, also produced by The Neptunes (Pharrell and Chad Hugo). Simple beat, but pretty good. The chorus is kinda funny, with the amount of time they spend "Makin' ya face fall off". No the best, but far from the worst. Not a whole lot of substance, so if that's what you're looking for, you might make it through 30 seconds of this song.

11. Everything on Me - Yet another sex song. Surprised? The beat is by Danja, but it sounds like a cheap imitation of Swizz Beatz. Pretty boring. It sounds like it was written by a 12 year old. Probably my least favorite song on this album. Money, Sex, and being the best: Pretty much the purpose of this song.

12. Poppin' Bottles - The title explains it all. Same thing we've all heard 1,000,000 times before. Talks about the same shit. Poppin' bottles and getting pussy....both in the club. COuldn't tell which he was talking about at times. Drake is on this one. Drake basically does his imitation of Lil' Wayne. Probably 'cause "Weezy" was in the pen. Nothing impressive.

13. Lay Me Down - I was kinda looking forward to this song. When I saw Jim Jonsin produced this, I immediatly had high expectations. Of course, he didn't fail to deliver a good beat. He also produced "Lollipop" by Lil' Wayne and "Whatever You Like" by T.I. Lyrically, it's yet another song to fuck to. If it weren't for the beat, I don't think I would have given this song the time of day. ALthough this one is a lot more dirty than his other songs. It's got Rico Love on it.

14. Castle Walls - One of my favorite songs on here. Haven't heard from Christina Aguilara in a while, and she delivered a good chorus on here. The beat is pretty good. One of T.I.'s more socially conscious songs. This actually has substance.
    Overall, this was an alright album. Not T.I.'s best. "How Life Changed" is absolutely amazing. Best song by T.I. in a LONG time. Great song. Eaily my favorite on this album. I wouldn't waste your money, but I'd encourage you to download for the sake of a few good songs.