1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on virginity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kenaria, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I just want to add that I don't think anyone is denying that sex can be emotional and have said emotional consequences. Even as an anti-virginity person, I know that and feel that way. I'm more so against the connotations of the term (Relating to the hymen, P-in-V sex being more 'magical' than anything else, women being controlled as property and shamed based on their sexual status, etc).

2. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    In terms of material things, Virginity means absolutely nothing to me.

Emotionally, i know several people who claimed they felt different afterwards.

I think the only validity to the concept of "Virginity" is that it can be an emotionally liberating experience. Whether its penetration or just any kind of sexual contact some people really do feel different and having sex for the first time can sort of lead to a sense of maturity, which i dont think is a bad thing.

If Virginity was only an emotional "penetration" id be a lot more for the idea, but when you apply it to "girl's hymen breaks --- no longer pure!" thats when i start to despise it, especially because of the double standard applied to women.

3. BucKeTz

There you go. That's about it. My first time with a girl was anything but special. I have yet to do anything with a guy. I do want it to be somewhat special though. Still virginity is just an abstract concept.