1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on the show "Faking it"...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by fortheloveoflez, May 7, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    they do it to become popular. plus one of the girls tries to get a guy to notice her I honestly hate that girl it has potential to be better but they need to drop the whole fake lesbian crap and focus more on Amy

2. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I saw an ad for this and it looked pretty bad :/ but reading these comments makes me think maybe it isn't so bad. What is the gay male character(s) like? The one in the ad looked like a stereotypical gay character which I'm sick of seeing.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    stereotypical gay like they always do on shows these days no one thinks outside the box

4. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ugh, guess I'll be avoiding this then :/ why is it so hard for someone to write a gay character that isn't camp?

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wonder the same thing to why is it so hard to have one that's non stereotypical

6. Silas

I just caught up on the first four eppys and this is how I feel too! Amy and Shane are the two characters I find likable. Amy is adorbs, even as a guy I find her storyline so relatable (the whole crushing on a straight friend thing!) Shane gets all the best lines and I like that he's there to support Amy... Liam is easy on the eyes but he seems like kind of a jerk... and all Karma does is obsess over Liam, the two of them can disappear anytime now :/

I already feel bad for Amy, I don't wanna see her get her heart broken :frowning2: She deserves someone who'll appreciate her... I hope Jasmine from Ep 4 comes back!

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree I think Karma and Liam I can't stand those characters but I think there useful as in providing a good life lesson for young girls today and adult women as well .

8. Silas

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what direction they go with the two of them from here... I hope we see more of Amy though, her storyline is the one I'm really watching for :icon_mrgr

Also I love that the gay students are the popular ones at this school! The whole time I was watching I kept thinking why couldn't my high school have been like this?? lol

#28 Silas, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah i would have loved to go to a school like that I would have been out of the closet already (!)

10. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

If I have to hear about another scenario where a straight guy and two lesbians are involved (I know Karma is straight but you get the picture) in a threesome I'm going to throw something!!

Not enough Amy tonight but how funny was Shane signalling to Liam at the bar?

11. Silas

This was a cute scene :lol: I loved when he was teasing Liam about having feelings for Karma

I was actually liking Karma in this episode... at least up until the end when she brought up the threesome :eusa_doh:

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What ! are straight women that starved for male attention man this is sad on so many levels :eusa_naug

13. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm taking comfort in the fact that Amy will not go through with it, no matter how much she loves Karma. Hopefully Shane can talk some sense into Liam. And by sense I mean violently shake him and yell, "ARE YOU INSANE!!"

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    from the previews this show took one step back , I'll give it one more chance but if it follows in that direction I'm dropping it . Makes you wonder if there ever will be a decent lesbian show

#34 stocking, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  15. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

The ending threw me for a loop! I think that kiss is making Karma question herself just like Amy.

16. BelleFromHell

Well... I've started watching it. It isn't fantastic, but it's not terrible either.

Karma and Liam piss me off to no end. They both thought it'd be OK to sleep with eachother because Karma has a girlfriend and not a boyfriend. Then, they feel guity at the last second, the threesome idea pops up, and they think it's totally fine.

I wish I could just... take an iron skillet... and smash their faces with it... :badgrin:

17. Simple Thoughts

I'm aware of the shows existence. I haven't put any judgement on it yet though.

From the ads it seemed like it could be either or. It starts with an offensive premise, but if it has half-decent writers ( which is rare for MTV ) than it should delve into its own premise and make something more out of it.

I would like to see the show start out as an 'we're faking it for attention' thing, but as a result of that they wind up finding out just what LGBT youth have to struggle with and go through just for being gay.

I read a few comments here and I guess apparently one of the girls is 'unsure' of her sexuality now? That's an interesting approach to take.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hope they don't try to write Karma in as a lesbian , why not keep her as bisexual it would be nice to have a lesbian and bi couple we've never seen that on tv like ever

19. ohnobro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't seen the show yet but just from the premise it seems as if it is generally negative towards lesbians. I hope that's not the case. It seems everyone else has said that it isn't bad.

It's sad though that people will come out as lesbian to get attention. That's really messed up.

20. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree. She's definitely interested in men so bisexual would work. Plus, more bisexual characters on TV would be nice.

Bolded isn't entirely true. There's Callie and Arizona from Grey's Anatomy and Santana and Brittany from Glee (and probably a few more?) but it'd be nice to see more, yeah.

Anyway... I don't actually watch the show, watched the first two episodes and I hated it BUT I do enjoy the Karma/Amy gifs that appear on my Tumblr dash, hehe.