1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

I don't care what people do in they're free time, they can do what they want to their bodies. Hell, sometimes I eat too much and enjoy junk food too much, and thats my decision. I cannot judge someone for what they are doing, when all of us can treat of bodies bad anyway.

I just don't want people to smoke around me, I don't want the chemicals or anything. But peoples decisions are theirs alone, and I cant judge.

2. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It is one of the most dangerous things in existence (second only to humankind).
    All of my grandparents have had negative health affects because of it, or second hand.
    It should be legal, but only to certain people, people with certain conditions should not be able to, and no one should be able to without knowing fully the possible effects.
    It should be illegal to do around non smokers.

#82 PerfectlyNormal, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  3. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's very unhealthy, and is essentially killing people slowly. :/ It's also disgusting and annoying when I have to walk by huge crowds of smokers (holding my breath) on the way to school.

4. kyoujin

It is not only damaging the bodies of the people who do it, but also causing trouble for the people around them.

In Japan (and other countries where smoking is not prohibited in public places), restaurants are polluted with cigarette smoke. Unwilling non-smokers' health is at risk because of the secondhand smoke.

5. KayJay

Wow, funny to read my old post about it. A month or so after posting that I started smoking. After a lecture from my doctor, friends and boyfriend I decided that while I enjoy it, I should quit. It's actually been maybe a week and a half since I've had a cigarette. I still think about having one every day though.

6. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like smoke, or smokers, at all. My father smokes, and I can't stand the smell of second hand smoke or the smell that clings to him right after he does. I hate it especially when theirs a large group of smokers concentrated in a single area (in SG we have very tight laws on smoking) and the smell gets everywhere.

Once I was with a group of friends for lunch, outside a restaurant. Opposite it (we were sitting outside) was a smokers area. After a while we smelled smoke, and chalked it up to the haze, till one friend spotted a smoking dustbin nearby XD The area to collect ashes on top of the lid was so full it was smoking, and finally, this person put out the smoke with his bottle. All of us were cheering for him XD

7. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate it. I hate watching my grandmother slowly dying from years of smoking. It devastates me. But ultimately - it was her choice.

8. FootballFan101

My brother smokes and his breath is messed up from it by now

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tried it once. That dry feeling down your throat is terrible. Not trying it again.

10. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't mind smoking, as long as it's just cigarettes.
    I've seen what long-term use of marihuana can do to a person, and I don't want to share my life with someone who willingly puts themselves (and me) through that.

Cigarettes, I don't mind. I smoke, and vape, and as long as I do it, I wouldn't mind a future partner doing it. I try to be respectful about it though, like not smoking near children, and I would expect them to do the same.

Like I mentioned, I also vape, mainly because I'm trying to quit cigarettes. Vaping is just vapour and not smoke, so it's safer and smells nicer. I've noticed that when I've gone periods of time with only vaping, cigarettes start to smell bad, so I guess if I managed to quit I would not like cigarettes very much, but I don't mind being around people who smoke.

11. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a social smoker and only smoke if people around me smoke which happens pretty rare (i usually spend 1 pack a month). My BF on the other hand is a light smoker (around 1 pack a week or so) , i most likely to smoke when are in a social setting. But we also respect other non-smoking people, when they express their discomfort or if any of them start coughing even when they didn't say anything, we'll stop smoking immediately.

i feel like a fraud everytime i have to tell people to quit smoking when i'm doing my job

12. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trying to quit again. Crazy when I realize I've smoked for 25 years and I don't feel I'm nowhere near old enough that I could be able to say that.

#92 angeluscrzy, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  13. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think it's hot. Perhaps it's my self destructive side speaking, though. I know it's dangerous and unhealthy, but I still find it hot.

14. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am ok with smokers, just please DONT BLOW THE SMOKE ON OR NEAR ME. I hate the smell of it.

15. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I never smoked and I probably never will, but I guess people should be free to do it if they want to.

Not gonna lie though, I don't know why but when I see a man smoking it kinda turns me on.