1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on my situation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cris, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Folieadeux

Honestly, this was so difficult for me to follow...
    I don't really understand, at the beginning of the thread you said you have no attraction towards men, but do towards women, but now you are saying that you are attracted to men, but the male body is repulsive/but you find feminine men repulsive as well?
    Are we still talking about you transitioning to a female body?

I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm sort of clueless on what you need help with right now, all I'm seeing is a lot of stereotyping and attacking people who are trying to help?

2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's try a different tack. Cris, what are you looking for in a partner? If you give us a straightfoward statement like:

"I'm looking for a person who identifies as male and behaves and thinks in a masculine way, but has a biologically female body"

then we can work out your gender and orientation and how you could go about attracting such a person from there.

3. Cris

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was clear on what I wanted: a man who I found attractive. I am attracted to feminine appearances. And given the realities of today's virulently anti-masculine gay climate that obviously can best be obtained by doing a limited mtf transition.

It just makes me sick that the LGBT community not only does NOTHING to help masculine gays but ACTIVELY HURTS THEM by constantly implying all gay men are effeminate. I mean, it couldn't possibly take much an effort to be inclusive of masculine gays if you wanted to but they deliberately CHOSE not to do so.

I am certain that I and many others who want to be mtf are in fact repressed masculine gays who are forced to rationalize it as being "born a woman" because BOTH society AND the LGBT community actively shames them.

4. Folieadeux

I wasn't really aware that the LGBT+ community shamed masculine gay men?
    I am definitely not one to cover that topic, but yes, I do agree that a lot of society outside of the LGBT+ community views gay men as feminine. I do not classify myself as masculine/feminine, so I am not totally clear on these issues, but I know that a lot of stereotypes are held in society.

But the thing is, that to my understanding, someone is trans when they do not identify as the gender they were assigned at birth. Dysphoria or none. So, putting your attractions aside, this is about you. Are you comfortable with your body/how you are perceived in public/what pronouns people call you/etc.?

I don't really think that you are trans if you want a feminine body so that you can more easily find a partner. There is no problem with that if it's what you want, but the label may be wrong?

Again, I am definitely not trying to offend anyone, just giving my 2 cents.

5. Cris

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I never claimed to be full-fledged trans and in any case I don't care what I'm officially called. I want a limited non-hormone transition because, thanks to the systematic demonization of masculine gays, that is the ONLY way I could get another masculine gay without him instantly thinking that I wanted an effeminate gay relationship.

I know it sounds complicated, and that is why so many masculine gays simply say "I was born a woman".

6. Folieadeux

Okay then! That's totally your decision if you have thought about it; pros/cons/etc. :slight_smile:

But excuse my curiosity, I didn't know so many masculine gay men say "I was born a woman"? Where did you get that from?

#46 Folieadeux, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  7. Sam I Am

Cris, how old are you? Do you understand that television is not reality? Do you understand that people take all shapes and forms, not just the gross stereotypes we see on television? There are masculine women - as I and other posters have said, we're friends with plenty. And there are masculine gay men looking for masculine gay men. You sound like you're badly inexperienced with the world and would really benefit from just getting out there and meeting some people.

... Or you could, you know, tell him?

You just sorta sound like you suck at dating. This is not a trans problem. This is a human problem.

Instead of dreaming up some harebrained scheme about becoming a woman, which I and other posters really can't stress enough will NOT fix your problem, how about going out there instead and meeting some of those people we've been telling you exist? (Which will, incidentally, fix your problem.)

I don't get it. These people are out there. We've met them. We're friends with them. We are them. Do you think we're all lying or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.