1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Circumcision

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScatteredEarth, Aug 2, 2013.

1. I think that circumcision is wrong, but as far as d!ck goes I don't really discriminate lol

2. Gen

Gen

Hold on; I wasn't at all claiming that it was the same. I'm simply speaking on parents making decisions as many have brought up in this thread.

I'm questioning how we can look as these things as black and white, and I think the main reason why this causes so much uproar is because it's sexual. Saying a child should have 100% say in everything in regards to themselves and their bodies, and what is put in, taken out, etc, is much more easily said then done. Not to mention, many other unnecessary decisions made by parents don't even reach the a fraction of the level of uproar as this does.

So I was comparing. Vaccination> to> Child Freedom, rather than Vaccination> to> Circumcision.

3. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like my circumcised equipment.

4. Jameson

I don't think circumcision is all that bad at all. I think it should be the parent's choice, because basically the child can't really decide, so it should be up to the parents. I also don't really see the appeal of getting a circumcision later in life.

I would prefer a circumcised guy, but it's not like it's everything. I would date an uncircumcised guy too.

Also why is this a topic again? Everytime someone brings up circumcision it turns into a huge ass flame war with two sides heavily arguing about a completely banal and rarely harmful procedure.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, God, another circumcision thread. This might end badly....again.

But I am opposed to circumcision. I'm not circumcised, and I like it that way. I don't think a parent has a right to force anything, especially something permanent and unnecessary, on a child.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Boys would not be born with Foreskins, if it was wrong to have a Foreskin, nobody has the right to Mutilate another persons body without their consent & the Hygiene argument is a load of Bollocks, it's the parents responsibility to educate their sons on how to keep their Penises clean & how to clean under their Foreskins, not Oh you might not keep your Foreskin clean & Hygienic when you are older, so we will get your Foreskin chopped off to save you from having to clean it & getting infections :eusa_naug

Parents Do Not Own their child, they are mere Guardians of the child, it is their duty to keep that child safe, it's easy to say "it must be OK, because my Parents got me Circumcised & Johnny down the road has been Circumcised" but that argument don't make it right & if later down the line you end up having to be Circumcised when you are 16 or older, then so be it, at least it is your choice & so what if it hurts, operations do, for God sake just Man up, the argument that, it doesn't hurt as much if we chop it off when you are a Baby is also a load of Bollocks, the pain would still be the same, the child just wouldn't remember!

Opinions are like Ass Holes, everybody has one :slight_smile:

7. Jonathan

*sigh*
    Why do I have a feeling this thread will do nothing but turn into a flame war...?

Anyways, as I state in every one of these threads when they pop up:
    Am I circumcised? Yes.
    Has lack of foreskin played a major role in my life? Not in the slightest.

I feel as if the decision to be circumcised should be left up to the child when they get older. However, I do not think that it is right to necessarily characterize all parents who have their sons circumcised as cruel and monstrous.

8. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why does it seem like these topics are posted every few weeks...

Personally I think it should be outlawed. A baby cannot give consent to be mutilated. Let the person decide if they want it done when they are of age.