1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is going to get awkward if it doesn't stop soon..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thesecretcat, Mar 21, 2015.

1. thesecretcat

So, there are these two (well four if you count college..) different guys who have both told me recently that they have a crush on me.
    One of the guys (lets call him John, this is not his real name, he is also 19) told me last year that he liked me and we dated briefly but it didn't work out (this was when I was discovering I was a lesbian, I don't wish to go into detail) so I ended the relationship quite quickly. We are still friends thankfully and everything is fine but he said to me recently 'when you feel ready, should we try to be together again?' I managed to change the topic quite quickly because I didn't want to give him the wrong impression. Some of my friends have said that I should just come out to him but I really don't want to because I don't feel ready and it might make things awkward also he might get pissed off...he's not homophobic at all, he might just think that I was leading him on or something (I haven't led him on at all because I am strongly against it).

Now this other guy (lets call him Chris, again this is not his real name, he is 18) I met last year during a week residential music course thing (basically it was like a music summer camp thing for youth orchestras), we became quite good friends and everything was great. I then didn't speak to him face to face for another year as we live quite far from each other though we did text each other occasionally, any way a few weeks ago we saw each other again and had a good catch up. He told me a I looked nice but I didn't think anything of it and just took it as a friendly gesture. For the last few nights he has been texting me CONSTANTLY, but I didn't mind and didn't think anything of it. However tonight he asked me 'are you in a relationship?' at first I was quite surprised by this question as I never got the bloody hint that he liked me as I haven't known him for long so I just texted back that 'it's complicated'. He then felt embarrassed and said sorry for making it awkward and I told him that 'it's okay' and that I'm the awkward one :eusa_doh: he then said to me 'I just thought you should know that when I said you looked nice the other day, I meant it'. I don't feel comfortable telling him I'm a lesbian because I don't really know him that well as I only spent a bit of time with him.

Now this music summer camp thing is going to happen in 3 weeks and both of the guys are going as well as me, we all tend to be in a big group together and during the course, many people get together in 'couples'. I remember quite a lot of people got together in relationships and now it's sort of a thing that commonly happens (which is fine because it's suppose fun). I'm worried that something might happen and everything becomes awkward! I don't want to come out because it's my private business and I don't want rumors and gossip to go around (there's enough going on as it is haha). Also two other guys (both 17) at college who have a crush on me, one of them asked me out a week ago and the other is very flirtatious around me but I'm hoping that it is only banter :icon_sad::icon_sad:

Chris is texting me at the moment so anything could happen in the next few hours :eek: :eek:

What do I do? Thanks for reading this long text hahaha

2. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, if you don't want to come out to them that's totally fine. As you said, it's your private business. You can still be honest with them and say that you're not interested in them in a romantic way. Maybe you could say you're not currently looking for a relationship because you want to focus on school or because you just want to enjoy being single.

I think if the topic comes up it's better to just tell them that you're not interested (in a nice way) than trying to change the topic because then they might get their hopes up.

3. thesecretcat

Thanks for replying cherry tree :slight_smile:
    To be honest I think I will take your advice and tell them no nicely :slight_smile: