1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third date advice

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Regacter, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Regacter

Regacter Guest

I met this guy online and I really like him. we went out on 2 occasions (breakfast and dinner) and we just talked, ate, and ended it with goodbye and a handshake. I told him I came out this past October. I haven't told him yet that I'm still kind of new to this whole dating scene and never really dated until now (well i've been on 2 coffee dates before this one- but mainly just a friendly meet and chat). Furthermore, if things do get a little bit physical i'm kinda afraid bc I never actually "did it" before (I'm a virgin). Should I be upfront with him that I'mn still kinda new to all of this? Because I have a feeling I'm making him a bit awkward (like when I shook his hand the second time we met- kinda seem like we're business partners or something). Need advice on what to do. Thanks.

2. itsmary

Just relax :slight_smile:
    Feel confident. If things get physical, you have to act natural and tell the truth if you need it. If you're not ready, tell him. If you're afraid, tell him. We all have been virgin and he will understand!!

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely be upfront with him about your lack of experience (we all had to start somewhere!0, there is nothing to be ashamed about...things generally start getting "interesting" when the hands touch, and stay touching for longer than normal...so start there, he may appreciate your making the first move.

Just relax and let your body take over, you will be amazed at how it just knows what to do! :grin:

Best of luck!

4. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no reference point from this but I would think its all the same in terms of these sort of things. I would think if he is experience he will know your not in due time without you telling him.

On another point, I've never been on a date where I shook someone's hand. If not a kiss at-least a nice hug. Like I said I don't know how it is with gay and lesbians but is that protocol to shake someone's hand after three dates, educate me.

5. Regacter

Regacter Guest

I asked him out on a fourth date for a show and dinner- during the show he initiated the first move and held my hand and just kinda rubbed my hand with his thumb. Then when i dropped him off at his place.. I asked him if I could kiss him and it was an awkward first kiss from me lol. I don't know.. Is it normal to have mixed emotions? I was really nervous. Are we still considered dating or like a couple now? Again this is all new to me since i came out this last october and this is the farthest ive been with a guy I dated.