1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of telling my kids

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Questnmark, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Questnmark

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm 48 transgendered been thinking of telling my kids whom are 14 13 and twelve. After school finals next week the way I see it is while I am not yet out to the world with Christmas break coming up they may notice some things such as lack of hair on my arms.my underwear In the laundry or how i act more fem. I would rather be open and honest with them than get accidentally caught out as such.anybody have any thoughts on the subject would be helpful.

2. gb4u

gb4u Guest

I would have to agree on the basis of what you've said, you may have reached the point where the outward signs are so obvious you have no choice. I'm not planning to transgender, albeit I too have distinct fem side when I'm with another man sexually. I'm Out to my Gay friends but not to family or my hetero friends. I have two grown daughters and three grandchildren, and I am very close to my most of my family. So at some point I may be facing the same discussion you are about to have. If I was going to do this, I'd get them in a quite space with no distractions or potential for interruptions and as calmly as possible tell them.

BTW: I have a recent posting that describes my transition and where I'm at. I have received some very helpful comments that may have some value to you. It's entitled Is there really in value in coming out this late in life?

Best wishes and Happy Holidays

3. Questnmark

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks and happy holidays to you and yours gb4u