1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They took her away :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by roadtojoy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. DesertTortoise

Okay, here's some contacts in Dublin for her brother.

Home (number is 01 873 499, email: [email protected]) GSD | Gay Switchboard Dublin | Home (number is 01 872 1055 : Mon-fri 6.30pm-9pm Sat-Sun 4-6pm) Welcome to BeLonGTo.org (number is 016706223 email: [email protected])

I would imagine he's in a difficult place, too. Is he older, or younger? There will be people to talk to here. These are safe contacts. You can check out the web sites for yourself. I think just looking at Home will make you feel better! I imagine those two smiling young women with the balloons in the 3rd slide pic as you and Rachel ... soon. Soon! It will happen. Love will find a way.

I don't pray, but if I did, I'd be praying that this works out for both of you.

#21 DesertTortoise, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much, you're amazing! It feels good to just have someone to talk to, i mean my parents are pretty okay with it but they're always so busy with work they just never have time :frowning2: I do talk to her brother on skype every now and then, he's really sweet. I'll take a look at the sites. Christmas is coming up and it makes me so sad to think about spending it without her. I don't pray either but i'm kinda wishing for a miracle right now..

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If she wants to come see you when she gets out that's a good sign that means she probably try to contact you in the future .

4. DesertTortoise

Joy... I'll just call you Joy, cause I hope that's where this will lead... on your Road to Joy... I've talked to my dearest friends about this, cause it's been so zero to the heart for me--without revealing any details or compromising information. Someone mentioned the poet Sandra Alland--another poet friend who knows her. If you wanted to, if you Googled her name you'd find her, blogs and other web pages. Maybe you could tell her your story. I think she'd be interested... and she has a lot of connections. Your story matters!
    I mention this first of all cause I think it might be one more piece in building support and pressure to bring you two back together, but more than that...
    You're not alone in this kind of injustice. Love interrupted by ignorance and misunderstanding. In helping each other to find your way back together, you can help others who are dealing with similar situations... now, and in the future.
    This is a big deal... that in taking care of our own needs, our own suffering, when we find ways to help others as we reach out for support for ourselves, we grow strong. Stronger. That terrible feeling of being all alone and helpless... begins to change to a sense of purpose and destiny. By helping others in helping oneself.
    I know some awesome people... poets, artists. People who work to make this a better world, a world where we can love without fear or shame. They don't know you.. but they're lives are dedicated to making it possible for you, and Rachel... to be together.
    You are not alone. You are not alone. When you talk with her brother.. mention this. That there are people working to make this a world where this doesn't happen. People who, even though they don't know you, don't know who you are--are dedicating their lives to making it possible for you to be together again.

#24 DesertTortoise, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  5. DesertTortoise

More information

"…the belongto.org group contact is a guy called Oisin Reilly - he is extremely helpful and very easy to communicate with - he is usually the first contact and he will refer to the best person to deal with situation. When emailing you can email [email protected] and address the email to Oisin - (btw the name is pronounced Osh- Sheen). I hope that this helps!! "

6. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you i'm gonna definitely email Oisin. I'm trying to contact some people but i have social anxiety so it makes it that much harder to make phonecalls etc...thank you guys for helping, really it means everything to me. In my heart i know it's not going to get better until we are back together though, i need to get her here and away from those horrible people she calls family. Somehow...

7. lovely lesbian

This is so sad and so wrong what her parents are doing I hope you guys find way to be together xxx

8. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks hun i really hope so xxxx

9. DrkRayne

OMG :frowning2: this is soo sad. I hope that things work out. Wish there was something we could do over here!

10. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, me too! I'm getting a little bit of money for christmas but it's not gonna be enough to pay for the flight for her and everything else... being broke in a situation like this is horrible! :frowning2:

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2013 at 06:55 PM ----------

Her brother is a bit older btw he is 20.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im so sorry that happened to u :'( that is so bad i feel for u I really do I really hope u can reunite with her and if u can't I hope u can find someone else who is just as special I wish the best for u

12. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's the only person i'll ever want. I want to spend the rest of my life with her... i can't take being without her anymore

13. DesertTortoise

You're not without her. You can't feel it now, even though you can't renew yourself in her immediate presence, in the irreplaceable joy of physical comfort--but the connection, the cords of love, they can't be severed. That's both what makes it so painful--and source of hope. Feel inside the pain its cause--your love for one another.

Do things to remind you that this is temporary, that you will be together again. Wrap a little present for her. Leave it someplace special for her return. Light a candle. A little alter of love. Everytime you see it, imagine, not her absence, but how it will feel when--when, not if... she is there, unwraping it, together again.

It will happen. Believe it. Believe in the reality of that invisible bond until it brings you back into one another's arms.

And those of you here on EC reading this story--don't feel sad. Believe! Feel the joy that is going to happen! It will! It will happen. Believe in the power of love!

... its really all we ever have

#33 DesertTortoise, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  14. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, i wish i could say it makes me feel better but i am just so sad right now... but you're very kind! 5 days until christmas now and there's really no chance of me spending it with her even if she goes get to come home :frowning2:

15. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i cant do this anymore. i cant live without her...

16. Nick07

(*hug*) You may be the only reason why she hasn't given up yet. She is in troubles right now and I think that she desperately needs support. Don't let her down, not now. (*hug*)

17. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you are both close to 18 - when presumably you can both do whatever you want to do... Hold in there XX

18. DesertTortoise

Yes, she needs you to try to hold on for her. This is not forever. You will be together again. It will happen. Remember what it would mean for her if anything were to happen to you.

Have you heard anything from her brother?

19. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the support, it's been hard lately. Yes i talked to her brother, apparently she will be coming home fairly soon. In a way i'm happy because i will be able to talk to her more then, but i'm also scared about her being home with her parents, they broke her once and i don't want it to happen again. She needs to feel loved and she doesn't feel that there. I've been trying to save up money, i got a little bit for christmas but most of it goes to groceries and stuff :frowning2: I wish this was easier. I hope somehow i manage to get enough money so she can fly out here when she turns 18..

20. DesertTortoise

Just thinking of you, and wondering how you're holding up. Have you heard anything from Rachel's brother?