1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There I said it..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by whynot, Nov 1, 2015.

1. whynot

whynot Guest

hi.. i'm not exactly looking for an advice.. but if you have one i'll gladly accept it.. i mostly suck at living my own life.. you probably have a better idea on how i should proceed with living my life.. i just want to get these things out.. i don't really have anybody to talk to at the moment.. or any other time to be honest.. i have a good paying job and i know my parents are really proud of me for landing on such a great job.. however, i don't like it.. never have and probably never will.. the only reason why i applied for it is because my parents want me to and i know it will help us financially.. i've always been a pushover and i hate disappointing my parents.. i know you'll probably think that i should've told my parents even before i started working.. but it's not as easy as that.. at least for me it isn't.. i've just got a lot on my plate at the moment.. with adjusting on my new job and being confused with my sexuality.. i even need to juggle requirements for graduate school.. there's a lot going on and i'm not sure about anything in my life.. though people say things get better eventually.. it never does for me.. at least not yet.. i don't even have friends at work.. i always spend my breaks alone.. and most of the time i spend it reading a book.. i'm a bit introvert, so there's that.. so that's my life so far..:bang:

2. Erzulie

Hey. No one knows how to better live your life than you. The reasons you gave for applying and taking the job are valid ones. There are plenty of people in the world that can't stand their jobs, but do them anyway because it's the best financial decision for them and their families. No one is judging you for the decisions you made. You're right, it's not easy to tell the people that raised you that you don't want for yourself the things they want for you. As for the friends at work, I know it might be scary but try and see if there's anyone who you think you could get along with. Maybe someone with the same outside interests (sports, tv, movies, books, music... whatever) The only way you can make new friends at work is if you put yourself out there. I know it's scary so you don't have to if you are really uncomfortable with doing that, but it's just a suggestion. And who knows? Maybe in a few years, you'll have made enough money to be able find a job in a field you really enjoy. Hope this was helpful, and best of luck to you.

3. whynot

whynot Guest

thanks.. i suppose it's me thinking that's it's unfair that i'm getting paid in full but i'm unable to do my 100% best just because i don't like my job.. i might be overthinking things again.. that's how i am.. i don't really like uncertainty..

4. lilla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi! It sounds like you've got a lot to deal with right now. Are you in grad school at the moment, or are you applying to grad school? I'm in the process of applying to grad programs and it's taking up a huge amount of time.

As for the job, it sounds like it's maybe not a long term thing? (If your applying to/enrolled in grad school, then I'm assuming you're planning to get a different job eventually...) It's too bad that you don't like it more, though, and if you really hate it then maybe you could apply to some other positions. I'm not sure what your financial position is, but if the job's bearable -- maybe just not something you necessarily love or look forward to -- maybe you could stay at it just a little longer and save up some money to give yourself a financial safety net. Then you'll have a little more financial security if you decide to quit and look for something else. I don't know if that was helpful, just some thoughts... :slight_smile:

5. whynot

whynot Guest

i'm currently enrolled in grad school.. and you're actually right that i decided to study so that i can get a different job.. that's partly the reason.. though most people at work thinks i studied just to get promoted.. anyway, i've been thinking about quitting my job.. it's quite difficult to get good paying jobs in the present economic situation in my country.. so there's also that to take into consideration.. i'll probably risk looking for another job when i've got enough courage to finally live my own life the way want it to be.. without the influence of other people around me.. it's just that i've always cared about what other people are gonna say about what i do.. especially what my parents are gonna say about things..

thanks a lot.. it's really nice to finally share my thoughts to others.. good luck on your application for graduate school..