1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The sims 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Notsoshure, Jul 13, 2014.

1. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never liked the way open world worked in TS3.

In TS2 if you went to a community lot, there were townies there, because the game could just teleport them in.

In TS3 the game had to shuffle 150 or so sims all over the place in realtime, and no matter how you do it, that's just not enough to make the world feel as anything more than a ghost town.

2. justpeachy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM FOR SIMS 4! i've been obsessed with the sims since my best childhood friend introduced the very first sims PC game to me. i only wish i had a better laptop so i could install all the expansion packs. sooooo happy though:slight_smile:

3. IceKunoichi

I love the sims!Ever since i was like eleven and my sister showed me the first sims on her computer.I was addicted ever since.

4. 101DeadRoses

We'll see if create a style is still in, if not, I won't buy anything from EA until they make another with everything right. I'll be happy playing the Sims three in the meantime.

5. GagasUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is this the general Sims thread?

tbh I prefer the first and second over the 3rd an 4th.

6. Greeley

Nearly everybody on tumblr that loves the Sims is hating on TS4, my boyfriend included. He is an architect and has loved Sims from the first one to the 3rd one, but this 4th one for him looks too cartoony, they aren't including toddlers or swimming pools until later on (so EA will make you pay for them)

I hate EA with a passion, just money hungry pricks. They sell you a half complete game and then get you to buy the rest of the game in monthly instalments. It's ridiculous.

7. Katbot

Exactly. I was never a fan of expansion packs but I accepted them when they were cheap. I couldn't justify buying any for The sims 3, and I doubt EA is willing to drop the price for this game either. Taking out pretty basic features is a kick to the teeth too. I mean, pools existed in the first game, and now theyre getting rid of them?

I love The Sims, but the price is just too steep. 60 dollars for the base game and then what, 3 or 4 expansions on top of that?

It all looks very impressive and the new create a sim and build mode is certainly impressive. I'm glad that the build a sim is getting more creative, but I'll be watching the game from a distance, at least until the price comes down.

8. HooLoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd love to get The Sims 4 but they've take out some pretty awesome and important features, the sims , are cool, but very cartoony (a step back in my opinion but cc can fix all) , my computer cant run sims 3 thanks to its integrated graphics card and also money.

Basically the negatives outways the positives so thats a customer lost , EA are idiots

9. Caillin

No toddlers, pools, no color wheel or changing patterns of things,no rabbit holes meaning when you sims go to work in sims 3 those buildings were rabbit holes you cant see inside the building but in sims 4 your sim I would believe goes off the map or something when they go to work, and also loading screens when you go to lots.

10. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really really really liked The Sims 3, so, naturally, I was excited for The Sims 4. But with all the negativity surrounding it, I think I may wait for it to come out and maybe have an expansion or two before I get it. I do not want a repeat of the Simcity disaster.

11. kaypulu

I am VERY excited for TS4. I abandonded the merchandise with the last TS2 expansion pack as TS3 never fit my playing style. I want to micromanage every family and create multiple stories, not pretend to be controlling everything at the same time and living my sims dream - excuse me SIM DREAM through one sim because everyone ages the same and leaving a family results in catastrophic story progression. Also TS3 sims are butt ugly.

I really don't care if they add toddlers later on if it means that they will be more in touch with the gameplay. Playing TS3 base game with the night life expansion pack is so boring as a teenager / child / toddler. Seriously, I just had to adjust the days you spent as a toddler - teenager to the minimum since there is seriously nothing you can do. Seriously.

I like the cartoony graphics, the easiness of the creating tools. You can always add more time into CAS but with sims 3 there was no way to create a nice looking sim in less than five minutes. I love the dumbing down of it all, gameplay ALWAYS over graphics. Since it's fucking 2014 we're talking about - it's not like we're comparing tetris with mass effect.

12. justjade

I'm excited but also kind of apprehensive. The tools are more intuitive in Create a Sim and Build Mode. I guess there's supposed to be the most stuff with the base game ever in Sims history or whatever. These things sound nice, but I've heard it's supposed to be mostly about social interactions. I like the fact that TS3 is more goal-oriented. I do like the fact that you gain an additional trait based on your lifetime wish in TS4, but I don't want to have to do a lot of interacting with other Sims as opposed to working on achieving their lifetime wishes.

13. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're taking out toddlers and swimming pools for Sims 4. Why? Who knows.

---------- Post added 16th Jul 2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

I would probably buy Sims 4 given I wait out for a price drop [like, a huge one, there will probably be a Sims 5 or 6 by the time I get it]. It looks cool and all, but I'm no rich man.

14. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm still perfectly happy playing Sims 3 and with all the work being done with nrass mods, there is still a lot to do (try out Vector, where you create a pandemic and survivor Sims; or not and wipe them all out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). I've become spoiled by nrass in general, Sims 4 would probably bore me to death.

#34 KyleCats, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  15. Akane

Very exciting to hear about it and what will be on it but I won't be playing it. I might once the price goes down, so give like 3 to 5 years. XD I am still too much into SIMS 3!

16. Empress

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've played friend's copies of TS3, never really attracted me. I still preferred TS2.

I like the personality stuff, and it seems alright, so I may get it, though honestly I'm reluctant to give money to EA with what happened to Simcity and all.

17. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

Excited with a slight disappointed with the Sims 4 graphics. I was expecting something more realistic because I spent most of my time creating 'realistic' Sims and houses. A game that costs $60 should have at least worked on the graphics but I guessed profits comes first. But then again they probably made it that way to be playable for others who don't have a computer that can run the game. I like the new features in the game like creating Sims and houses are easier and less redundant. I'm more excited for it to drop down at 30 bucks lol I'm just gonna stick my Sims 3 for awhile...

18. markosss

Im sooooooooooo much excited about the sims 4.I cant wait.but I will check some reviews and walkthroughts on web before buying it.

19. Camouflage

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't played the Sims games in forever! I just got Sims 3 when my computer went kaput and I have yet to get the part fixed. Oh well, I lived with Sims 2 for a long time after the 3rd game came out and from what I'm hearing about the 4th I will probably not get it. That is unless I get it for a gift like the last two games.

20. ChickenLady

I'm just getting The Sims 3, so I'll wait for 4 for a while.