1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The other F word.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cloud, Sep 17, 2013.

1. method

Had this really old South African guy come in to work and do some training. He kept making jokes about smoking "fags" and I felt rather uncomfortable, despite knowing he meant cigarette.

2. Beware Of You

Fag is offensive now thanks to groups like the WBC

3. ScatteredEarth

Don't have to take it offensively unless you happen to be those fags on Call of Duty who sit in the back with their god damn target finders, sitting there, waiting for you to poke your pretty little head out from around the corner to blow it off... I think I've gone a bit off topic

4. Aussir

There's a place called "Faggot Hill"... and no, I'm not kidding... there's also Dyke Parade and Dyke Road...

"So, where do you live?"
    "In Faggot Hill..."
    "*Very confused looks*"
    :roflmao:

For those of you that speak Portuguese, there's a place called Conna... If I had to say to my family that I live in Conna, I would die... of laughter... we'd all be :roflmao: for hours.

In other words... doesn't offend me in the least...

5. Mysz

I want to live on Dyke Road!.... If it lives up to its name.

6. Aussir

Seems to be full of... horses? :confused:
    Dyke Road | Ireland is cool

7. LILuke

I have an irrational hatred of this word that goes beyond any ability to rationalize. It does not matter to me context, intent, or anything else. I hear that word and I see red, period - and this has been the case since long before I started questioning my sexuality. There are a small handful of words in the English language that, to me, are just not okay to use ever regardless of intent, context, or anything else. And this is one of them.

Disclaimer: I am well aware that my opinion is a touch over the top.

8. treeofleaves

i find that even other gay people use the word..and nobody acctually means anything to do with people being gay, they just use it as another offensive term..like 'bitch'

9. Beware Of You

I know why the word has such a horrible connotation.

Back in the Middle ages, homosexuals were burnt on the stake. (Ironically the man who devised this punishment died on one for being gay), or they were sent to the "faggots"

10. dts

dts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

11. AmityRanch

Calm down, bro.
    It's just a word.

12. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    To me nowadays... 90% of the guys in my school use it as a term of endearment/gender policing and it bugs me.

Its used 10% of the time as an insult to each other. Its always an insult to me though. But, like if someone does anything remotely girly. (like we had gender bender day on tuesday - all guys dress as girls and w.e. The homophobic insecure guys didn't dress up and called everyone else faggots -- and not the jokey friendly kind... the word just has hate in how its pronounced -.-)

I havent evolved on the topic and idk if i will... its a real problem at my school... It makes me mad because we have a huge "spread the word to end the word" policy following the suicide of a mentally disabled kid... but no one could care less how it makes gay people feel when people call them it daily >.>

13. FreeFlow9917

Eh depends on the way you perceive how they say it, or who is saying it, it doesn't offend me much, but it just depends on the mood, or the way South Park uses it against bikers