1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The One"?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hopeful, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Hopeful

Hey just curious: how soon was it after you started seeing someone that you knew they were the one for you? I'm wondering what other people's experiences have been.

2. Hopeful

Or how about this: when did you first say "I love you" to people you've dated and been in love with?

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it took a few months before we (my husband and I) would say "I love you" to each other. Now we tell each other every day. I'm sure we both felt it before we said it, but we had both had our fingers burnt in previous relationships and you have to learn from those experiences.

I do think it's important to give yourself time to work out your true feelings for someone though. It's very easy to rush head first into a relationship and get caught up in the whirlwind of feelings, only to realise that it's not quite what you imagined a few months later.