1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Meaning of your username?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Darren18, Jan 8, 2014.

1. KWDBM

I had a hard time coming up with a username, because I normally use some variation of the same three names around most of the internet. The rules saying I had to use something I don't use anywhere else... Made me get creative. .... And personal. ... Which is why I probably shouldn't be in this thread. ... But oh well.

My username is initials, specifically the first three are the initials of a person, and the BM stands for "birth mother". It's.... complicated.

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I chose mine 'cause I'm a furry, and I like sled-dogs, snow, dog-sledding, cross-country skiing, and the wilderness. And I like to pretend I'm a puppy with my mate sometimes, and give him dog-kisses and such...

3. Cass

mine is my nickname my brother gave me. Most of my close friends call me Cass so i figured why not

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a writer, and have been working on finding a great pen name for the longest time. I figured this site would be a good opportunity to try one out. Eleanor was an obvious choice for the first name, since my friend is gonna make me cosplay as the girl in Bioshock with the same name, and I just love the name in general. As for Hunter... I don't know where it came from. Thought it sounded cool.

... I might've been able to come up with something more creative, but I made this account in a fit of panic. No time for creativity. :lol:

5. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have joke that the Phoenix is one of my spirit animals, the other being the dragonfly, and is my patronus. 89 is the year I was born

#25 phoenix89, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I like grass types.

7. AlamoCity

Nickname for my city. Very original.

8. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa is one of my guilty pleasures.

My name is very simple it's gibberish with some of the letters moved around. I didn't know what name to pick and this is all I thought of.

9. Clay

It's "Rain" in Latin.

10. Popped in my head because I was thinking about Emma Watson while registering.

11. Munyal

I play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, and while my username is different, I have a Drell Adept that I use extensively named Munyal. I thought that name was cool, decided my Drell had a cool enough name, then asked the mods to change my name to Munyal. I searched it on the web, and apparently it is a town in Indiana, too. Did not mean to do that.

12. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are familiar with Joseph Heller's novel "Catch-22", you would know the main character was named Yossarian. Catch-22 was a fictional rule in Yossarian's WW2 bombing squadron, which said that you didn't have to fly missions if you were crazy with fear that you were going to be killed; it also said that if you were rational enough to realize that you might be killed, that you weren't crazy enough not to have to fly. In other words, Yossarian had to keep flying no matter how he felt. It was a "no-win" outcome, which is how I view my own status of being married and gay, an impossibly self-contradictory situation, from which no winners can emerge.

13. RainyViolinist

Umm well I like the rain, and I play violin, so I just put the two together and voila! The name came out to be better than I expected.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, maybe not, but you're an original. And I mean that in a nice way.

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a fan of the anime panty and stocking with gather belt my favorite character of the show is stocking because well she's hot and smart . I picked her name because I share some similarities in personally with this character for example we both are addicted to sugar to the point where it is not healthy . It was weird that i found anime with a character was was like me

16. AlamoCity

Thanks :icon_redf. Though I did say "original" sarcastically :wink:

17. June Cleaver

My second husband back when I was 20 years old named me June because he said I was the perfect June Cleaver housewife. For those of you who do not know who she is, June Cleaver is the mother on Leave It to Beaver a 1950's television program played by the actress Barbara Billingsley who also was a runway model prior to being June Cleaver. Little did he know she was the one character that I identified most with. I have gone by June in real life for over 20 years. Later on my mother told me that June was to be my name if they had chosen female for me. June just has been my name for a long time. Also my avatar is a picture of me and is what I look like. June

18. biggayguy

My original name on here was biguy50 (bisexual guy age 50). It morphed into biggayguy after I came out as gay and big and a guy.

19. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

My username "Rakkaus" is the Finnish world for "love". I just thought it was a beautiful word with a beautiful meaning.

My grandfather was Finnish, and I was very close to him. He passed away almost 4 years ago now, and I miss him very dearly. So I guess in his honor I like to use Finnish words as my usernames.

My usernames on internet fora are pretty much always words that have meaning to me translated into foreign languages; often Latin, sometimes Greek, sometimes German, sometimes Arabic, sometimes (as in the case of my EC username) Finnish.

20. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Velvet" refers to my soft, gentle side and "Blade" resembles a time I used to self harm