1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Last Airbender (MOVIE)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I'm not going to read all 8 pages of this thread, but yeah. Basically as I'm sure tons of others have said, I loved the series. A lot. The film was....mediocre at best. I honestly thought the film would have incorporated all of the series (although I know it would have been difficult, the series itself was 4 seasons but the movie industry seems to manage just fine with these things) and I was surprised that it ended at book one. I was sad when the Princess of the Northern Water tribe sacrificed herself for the Moon Spirit xD (I was when it happened in the series too). But yeah I didn't hate it, it just wasn't what I wanted it to be. *shrug*

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhh Avatar was only 3 Seasons.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really enjoyed this interview: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHi1zaN0ooc[/youtube] I wholeheartedly agree :grin:

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I agree with everything XD

But I still don't think the movie was horrible. @_@

5. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha ha ha this is the greatest.

Yeah it was absolutely terrible. If you watched the show at all you know that this is NOTHING like the show.
    I hope M. Night Shamalan realizes that it's not worth shooting any more movies. He was good at one point but now it's over. give up, go home.
    The show is one of the best animated series and this movie could have been awesome but they ruined it.

6. Tim

Tim

I'm questioning watching this now...

I mean wtf...

[​IMG]

7. Emberstone

like i said...

REBOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOWZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was not simply that they cut out alot of important things, but that they added in crap, and the actors were trash.

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

THIS made me laugh so hard! I was like WTF a pebble after so many moves...from so many earth benders! >.>

This was even worse then Eragon. IT was just...man I should stop being this upset about a movie xD

9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Every time they did bending it was like that to some degree. :frowning2:

It was hilariously depressing.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah.....last I checked....THIS IS EARTHBENDING!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541gq0qAlx8[/YOUTUBE]

11. No One

One thing that was annoying was that they made a big deal about being able to create fire when Sozin's commit comes. I just kept thinking... ummm hello in the series they could always create their own fire. That and they messed up all the names.

I mean it would have been good had you never seen the series. What can you expect when you try and cram a whole seasons worth of show into and hour and forty five minutes.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm...I expected more than this? And I don't understand why they couldn't do more than 2 hours.....Harry fucking Potter is more than 2 hours and always amazing quality. They have an amazing show and instead decide to make it into a crappy 1 hour 45 minute....I realize they needed to make it for the non-fans of the show too....but their biggest amount of viewers will be the fans of the show....whom they've now lost.

13. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Yeah, but it kind of makes sense..

He wanted to make it so firebending needed a source since every other element needs a source.

But at the same time..

There's water everywhere, even in deserts. There's air everywhere (hopefully), and there is some kind of earth everywhere.

So, he made it so the other three can bend way more often than firebenders. :/

14. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

The thing that always made sense to me was that fire has to be created in order to be used. Just always made sense that they had the power to create it.Now, they just seem week because of the light disadvantage.

Like, one of the strategies used in the last fight was to extinguish all the fires possible in order to eliminate their source of power? wtf >.>

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After watching the first two seasons of Avatar, there's something I realized....the movie should have been written by Aaron Ehaiz. He's the one who wrote every episode. Even if the other two guys created the show, he's the one who developed the characters and really "created" the show...so unfortunate he didn't write this movie...

16. Rikudo

So I managed to watch the movie last night via the wonders of the series of tubes that are called the internet.

And I must say.
    What a crap fest. Pretty much all the posts here sum up my feelings about it. However I do have some complaints I would like to point out.

1. The actor for Zuko was terrible and they didn't go into depth why he is the way that he is. Like all they presented was the angry Zuko.

2. What the well was up with the Earthbenders for godsake the prison was made of Earth.

That is all just some of my concerns but I'd rather not trouble people with my infinite complaints.

17. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't seen it... but I don't know how people manage to screw up movies so bad.... Maybe they still make a lot of money and just don't care?

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That seems to be the case. The sad part is the movie's already made a little over $110 million. I pray it doesn't get up to $150 million because then basically it will have broke even (the movie cost 150 million to make...which I don't get...150 million should of been enough to give us what we want). If they have a deficit maybe Paramount or something will realize what happened and take it from M. Night...

19. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

It will surpass 150 million. It still has to be released in some other countries.

20. Emberstone

films have to make back three times what they cost to make to be considered a financial success.

that is what killed the golden compass... well, that and the fact that bill donahue is a fucken pro child molestation, poke his bulbus, malformed nose into everything that doesnt concern him, force censorship upon the world assfuck.