1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "How Did I Ever Think I Was Straight?" moments! (AKA "Yep, that was the clue!")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Siarad, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Ceres

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: The "How Did I Ever Think I Was Straight?" moments! (AKA "Yep, that was the clue!

Thinking back I'm sure Xena the warrior to princess was to blame, I remember having a huge crush on her!
    After I left secondary school I realized a few years later that I had been in the 'gay/lesbian' group. All but 1 of my friends have turned out to be in a same sex relationship so I guess it was a matter of time before the penny finally dropped! :icon_bigg

2. prism

Re: The "How Did I Ever Think I Was Straight?" moments! (AKA "Yep, that was the clue!

I was dating, objectively, the perfect guy. Model-gorgeous, a genius (we were both 20, but he was pursuing his PhD), super modest, funny, and we both had similar interests.

But I felt sick every time we were intimate.

99% of the relationships that I've been in have been with really great guys. I've spent my entire life wishing I was straight because it was the only thing standing between me and having the "perfect" life.

#22 prism, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  3. DrkRayne

Wow Voyager was one of my moments too. I saw Seven of Nine and was like 'wow...um...wow..." and just drooled at the TV. My mom kept asking what was wrong and i couldnt answer her.

Mine was that I had my first "naughty" dream and every dream after was with women. I kept telling myself that was normal and that it was ok to only have sex dreams about women.
    I told myself this all the way till I was 21 and said "Screw it, I'm a lesbian"

4. magic

i was very sterotypical as a kid (sequin shoes...) and still am but the first real time was when me and my friend were "wrestling" and i loved the feeling of him being so close to me. i also love looking at guys abs

5. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

When I was 11 and my mom told me the different between Playboy and Playgirl magazines, and I remember thinking who in the world would want a Playgirl? accompanied, of course, by the thought of wanting very much to look at a Playboy.

6. Projectfabulous

That and probably when I tried to take my friend (girl) to homecoming and it was SOOOOO awkward..

7. 2112

Sounds familiar..."I'm not attracted to him, I just want to look like him" :rolle: :eusa_doh:

8. Hrantou

What's funny is, my first naughty dream I EVER had when I was kid, was about Tom Paris. That dream was the beginning of when I knew that I wasn't like the other guys who obsessed over girls and dreamed of seeing their first pair of boobs.

Honestly, I think Voyager had a main character for whatever type of person you liked. But without a doubt, Seven of Nine was the main squeeze for every guy and/or girl who watched it.

9. Siarad

I always thought that Kes was incredibly hot as well - Seven of Nine is extremely hot but let's no forget Kes!:icon_wink

One of my final 'relevation' moments was when some sort of reflective voice in my head said "Um, you realise straight women probably don't fancy other women, right?"

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

When I kissed my girlfriend during at the 8th grade dance, and something about it didn't click with me. Felt like I was doing something wrong, despite the fact that what I'd just done was exactly what society said was the thing I was supposed to do.

Not to mention the fact that in Freshman year, I had a crush on a certain guy and didn't really realize my feelings about it. I simply thought I wanted him as a friend.

11. BonBon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Pink power ranger lol finding myself thinking she was really pretty

12. DrkRayne

See I told myself the opposite. That it was normal and EVERYONE was like this. I think I jsut had to find a away to justify my thoughts to myself.

13. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

I'm not sure if my story really fits this thread's description but here we go. I was rather asexual until my early twenties but I had 2 guy crushes. The first one was a boy with long blond hairs (kind of Legolas-like looking) and feminine voice and the second one turned out to be an effeminate gay so... you get the idea, right?

14. Belle

Looking back, the earliest moment I can think of right now is when I was in sixth grade in the girl's changing room in gym class. There was a girl who I found attractive and tried to peek at her while changing. I was sort of hoping that she would have a small accident, like trip or fall while changing, so that it would give me a chance to see more. I remember telling myself that it was only natural and that all the girls think that way.
    Also, when I was probably around eight I had a friend who I always hanged out with. We had exchanged our favorite rings to remember each other. I remember thinking that I would like to be with her forever; I even thought about marrying her. But she had to move back to her home country so I never saw her again after the end of that year.

15. greendaisy

In third grade I "married" one of my female friends.

16. GirlWhoWaited

One of my first sexual fantasies was about my best female friend...I was like...10. Early bloomer that way, I guess.

17. William

This happened recently,it was my crush and I and we were over by the girls having fun and one of the girls touched my nether regions and I said,"Umm OMG no!" Then when he bent down in front of me and I ran into my crush my pants almost ripped off if you know what I mean.

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I wrote gay smut, read Yaoi, and knew more about gay culture than I did lesbian, which is what I was supposed to be.

On the gender side, let's just say I remember lots of awkward attempts at STPing that I chalked up to "important skill everyone should know"

19. Jencat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

The first one that comes to my mind is the like... month or so when I was like eight years old that I spent parading around saying I had great gaydar.

(Which was totally true and I've only been wrong a couple times!)

20. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol

Reading this has unlocked a memory.

I always WANTED to make my Sims gay, but i couldn't because my whole family used the same sims game disc and when they loaded a family, they would be able to see there were 2 guys xD :3

I made up for this by sometimes making single male parent families.