1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hard parts are over, next steps?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaylor, Nov 8, 2017.

1. gaylor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So now that I am out to my mom and my best friend and a few others, I want to take the plunge at just let everyone else know at once. I would like to post a photo on Instagram, the one thing holding me back is that I am in college and am in dance club, that is 99.99% girls and I don't want to be seen a creepy since we do share a dressing room and they wear tight clothes/ sports bra at rehearsals. None of these people are my close friends so I truly don't care if they accept me but I do care if I make them uncomfortable. I suppose their reaction is not my problem but i can't help but feel a little apprehensive. Those who I wanted to tell personally already do, this would just allow me to feel like I am no longer hiding when I'm out and about. This is something I have wanted to do for a year. What do others think?

2. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know on Facebook has an option where you can block certain people from seeing your things. Does Instagram have have something similar? I'm not familiar with it so I don't know. If so you might be able to block the photo so your dance group doesn't see it.

3. ChatNoir7

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Post your photo and explain to your dance club that you don't feel that way about them and that they shouldn't get the wrong idea. I'm part of a ringette team (similar to hockey) and no one wears shirts or pants under their gear, just sports bras and underwear so I know where your coming from. Good luck!