1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The gargoyle vs 12 lbs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lexington, May 3, 2010.

1. Connor22

well done lex come on push it down those last few pounds :slight_smile: set a goal of 200 lbs now

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ I did set a new goal, but for a BMI of 27. That'd be roughly 204. I figure that's the next step. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Connor22

I don't know what that means so I'm just going to say good for you

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! :slight_smile:

For the record, BMI means "body mass index". It's a way of measuring (roughly) how overweight you are, based on your height and weight. When I started, my BMI was 32 or so. Technically, I'll stop being overweight when I get my BMI down to 22, but I don't really see that happening. I'll be happy being 200 lbs. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Connor22

cool you should like takepart in a marathon! I did but I didn't get to run cus I had to stay wiith this girl who did no training and walked 90% of it :frowning2:ntheres always next year though

6. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations Lex :slight_smile:

7. Jim1454

I wondered where this tread went - but it's because you met your goal and stopped updating it!

So good for you! Congrats.

I weighed in at 183.5 this morning, which is down a couple of pounds from where I started the week. The challenge - as always - is to keep it off over the weekend.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did reach my goal, but decided to see it I could push it down another ten pounds - that would get me to an even 200. I got down to 204 on Friday, but I've bounced back up to 206. On a positive note, I finally lost enough weight that some clothes were too loose. Of all things...they were my exercise clothes. I believe the kids call that "irony".

I did go buy new exercise clothes. A bright green shirt, a bright yellow shirt, and some nice workout shorts. I figure I deserve something nice. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on reaching your goal Lex!

10. Jim1454

Yes - that's irony.

I've recently bought myself a new suit. Now it's the only outfit that actually fits me properly - so I don't like wearing my old stuff. (All my old pants I've had taken in once already, and they're too big again - so I look like I'm wearing balloon pants all the time. And my old suit jackets were a size 46 and the suit I just bought was a size 42.)

It isn't cheap replacing a wardrobe - but I'd rather buy new clothes because I've gotten smaller than because I've gotten bigger.

11. RaRa

I'm actually planning on losing a bit of weight when I get back from my vacation next weekend, and this thread is pretty inspiring, so thank you Lex. :slight_smile:

Oh and congrats! :grin:

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Warm fuzzy moment. I was out and about most of the day yesterday, and ended up running into three people I hadn't seen in a while. All three said, "Wow, Lex, you've lost a lot of weight - you look great!" OK, two of them said that. The third said, "Wow, Lex, you've lost a lot of weight!...Why?"

Ends up he's got a thing for bigger guys. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. Nialla

Nialla Guest

I've been continuing to read this thread, and I think it's amazing how motivated you are.

I've been trying to get to the gym 2-3 times a week recently and try to strengthen my knee up with a bit of cardio. Imagine my disappointment when after close to 3 months, I've put on half a kilogram. >.< But I took a Body Composite test and it turned out that I'd gone from 30% body fat, to 22% body fat. Strangeness.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A friend of mine says "I don't go by what the scale says, but by how my clothes fit." Which sounds like a good idea, but since I've worn rather loose-fitting clothing since forever, it doesn't quite work for me. :slight_smile:

...but I'm back down to 204.

Lex

15. moss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    skimming through the thread, i think your a little over-obsessive with the daily counts.

I think you should focus more on setting a goal for a week and not looking at the scale during that period than checking every day. If you check your weight at different times each day as well, your weight can fluctuate because of water/food intake.

You should weigh yourself each week on Sunday at 5pm so if you hit your goal you can enjoy a nice snack or something afterward, but I think the checking every day is not the way to go. Just my two cents. How tall are you btw?

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried weighing myself weekly for quite a while. I used to weigh myself every Monday morning. My problem was that I would always start easing up at the end of the week. I'd think "Oh, I've been good this week - I've exercised and eaten well, so I can afford to skip a day of exercise, or have some extra dessert." And then I'd end up undoing most of the progress I'd made (if any) during the week. I know weighing yourself daily isn't a totally accurate measurement, but it helps keep me focused on the task at hand.

And I'm six foot one.

Lex

17. Jim1454

^ I agree with Lex. I actually weigh myself twice a day! Before I go to bed and then first thing in the morning. (The bed time one is really just a 'preview' for my morning weight.) Daily is necessary for me - and in fact "studies show" that people that do weigh themselves daily have a better success rate in weight loss.

I was down to 181.5 this morning. A new low!

And Lex, I can also relate to the comments people make. If they haven't seen me in a while, it's obvious that I've lost a lot of weight. But some worry that I'm sick. "No, I don't have cancer. I lost the weight on purpose."

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm at a new low, too. 201.5. I'm apparently exactly twenty pounds heavier than you. :slight_smile:

The only negative comment (if you can even call it that) was the "Why?" Nobody has asked if I wasn't feeling well. I think because I probably look healthier than I did before. I'm enjoying having extra energy, and sleeping even more soundly than I did before.

Lex

19. Jim1454

I'm glad you started this thread Lex. It has been a good motivator for me to get serious about this again. I started last July - so it's been a long haul. I don't see that as a problem - I think the longer it takes to lose the weight, the more likely it is that I'll keep it off. At any rate...

I was 180lbs as of this morning! WOOT!

I went out and bought 2 new pairs of pants last night - 34 waist! And a new swimsuit with a drawstring waist so that it won't fall off in the pool - the last one was getting a little big.

(I also bought a pair of sexy white running shoes to wear out dancing tomorrow night. I'm so gay!)