1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Definitive Name Thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by IvorySteel, Jan 11, 2015.

1. SkyColours38

I think Olivia Rose and Olivia Luna both sound nice, go with whichever makes you happier :slight_smile: Although having so many names might seem a bit clunky, it's not like you'd be using all of them all the time anyway. My 'secret name', as I call it, is pretty long too: "Elliot Aiden V__ E____ P______"
    My birth name (Kate) doesn't really have any masculine equivalents as far as I know, but I've always kind of thought of myself as an Elliot, and I really like the name Aiden. I can't get rid of any of the ones I've blanked out, because the ones starting with V and E are actually one name – my mother's maiden name – and losing either that or my real last name would both mean losing part of my family identity.

2. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd personally probably go with Olivia Rosa, but both are very nice names, so whichever one you want, go for it!

As for my name, I've already decided on most of it. Samuel Ian Emrys (insert surname here). Just can't decide whether to go by Sam or Emrys, although I'm leaning toward Emrys right now, because it's more unique, and it's not gender neutral, which would make it easier for me, I think. As for the surname... I'm not sure whether I'm keeping mine or trying to find a new one. My birth one is a fairly boring, common surname, but it is my family identity. I guess it might just depend how it goes when I eventually get around to coming out to my family. I have a feeling I'll lose them, so can't decide if it'll be too painful, or just a reminder of my past if I keep the name. *shrugs*

3. Lazuri

"Kato" is a possible male equivalent to Kate. Though if we wanna go technical, kate is derived from the name "Hecate" which has the male form "Hector."

4. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    Initially I thought I'd run with the name Adia (which I might still) but lately I've been leaning more towards Ondine which means "little wave" from a nickname my dad stuck me with many years ago, with Dinah (God will judge) being a sort of nickname.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2015 at 02:58 AM ----------

I do like the sound of Adia 'Dinah' Ondine <last name>

5. Lazuri

I actually really like it, Adia. It sounds unique, has meaning and has a really good flow when you say it in that order.