1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bible tells me being gay is wrong and now I just don't know what to do.....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by johnnyr860, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldrick

Absolutely. We get this issue so often, that's why I organized it the way that I did. I was thinking about just basically copying and pasting it each time the issue came up, with slight modifications to fit each individual case and concern.

2. SkyDiver

Thank you!

3. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow! I just read Aldrick's comment, and... Well, let me just say a huge thank you to Aldrick! That's something I've really been having trouble with lately. I mean I'm Catholic, and they're even more anti-gay than most Protestants, so being bisexual in a homophobic community wasn't fun. I mean, I never told anybody there, but it made me feel alienated, mainly because I thought it was a sin, and to this day, I still thought it was a sin. That is, till I read this and "Religion and Homosexuality". Earlier than this, though, I had my doubts about it being a sin, but one of my friends, when I came out to him earlier this summer, texted me "Just remember, dude, that God says a man shall not sleep with another man," and it just really got my hopes down, and for a few months, I was living with thinking it was a sin again. This, though, really opened up my own eyes to how much those verses in the Bible that are used against us are misinterpreted. Thanks so much, though, for giving me this boost of confidence! You're awesome! ^_^

4. Dummy

I will just recoment a documentary. It's called "For the bible tells me so". This should clear the things up a bit. Or a lot.

5. pecanpie447

Out Status:
    Some people
    2 timothy 2:13
    if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2012 at 01:45 PM ----------

keep seeking God without distraction from the church, religion, philosophies.

6. Seagypsy

I agree!! :thumbsup: Most of the damage done to LGBT people has been done by religion, and people's interpretation of religion - not by God :icon_wink

7. Emberblaze

I'm so glad to have read this... I was honestly scared for a while... Because I kept thinking that I had my answer and that God accepted gays, but then sometimes, I'd get scared and just wonder if I was wrong about it...

Sometimes I'd stay up, eyes moist, praying and asking God if it was even POSSIBLE for me to change His mind about it. I felt out of line of course, but I was so desperate... Not to save my own soul, but to save the souls of the entire gay community. If God really condemned all gays, there would be so many good people lost... I couldn't think about it.

All of you here at EC... few gay people at my school... and myself of course too. All the gays in the world condemned to hell was a scary thought.

But after reading this, I think I've got my answer. There's no need to fear. Because I guess what it all really boils down to is this question: does God love me?

I know He does. If He didn't, would I be so blessed? Sure, I've had some hard times in life, but over all, I'm blessed. And my blessings didn't come from luck, or destiny, or karma, but they came from God.

Everyone, I implore you to find your light, and follow your hearts. God knows what he's doing.

8. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Hey John!

I’m not gay but I am bi :slight_smile: and a PROUD Christian! Our Father did not create us to be alone and to not find love in another who is of your gender! How fortunate you are to have your family support you! Our Saviour died for ALL of us- straight, gay, black, white, left-handed, right-handed, EVERYONE! Why? Because He LOVES us ALL! You are no living sin! God created you beautifully! And God is incapable of error! If anything, His only Error is Loving you, me, and mankind way too much than we deserve! And what a blessing that thought is :slight_smile: If you ever want to chat about being Christian and LGBTQ identified, my ear is here, but an ever Better Ear is that of Christ. The Lord Loves you BEYOND measure! I want to cry at the very thought of it! :grin: In Native Spirituality, people like us (LGBTQ) are considered divinely-favoured by God because He has Blessed us share and understand the inherent beauty of both the masculine and the feminine (it’s called being “Two-Spirited”) of life in a way a heterosexual can’t comprehend! How can that beauty be a sin!? :slight_smile: Our Saviour said NOTHING about hatred towards the LGBTQ community- in fact, did not the Lord congregate with those who were seen as impure (lepers, the sick, the poor, etc.) when as we know that’s not impure, that’s just life! :slight_smile: Jesus would probably be our Biggest Advocate if He Returned now! :slight_smile: In short, you are gay, and Christian, and you should be PROUD of it! Why? Because God made you that way! Beautifully!

9. To quote Spanky from Drawn Together.

"The Bible says a lot of things...and, uh, not very clearly".

10. AlexR

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know if this has already been said and I am speaking from a non-religous background but logically if God did not want you to be Gay why would he make you gay in the first place?

If it was a sin, then it would be god's sin.

11. davidroberts

Dude cnt write such long messages :wink: i m
    Very religious and i know gid loves me the wayi am . He dsnt care whether i amgay or straight :slight_smile: and bible was written long ago and people hv changed it acc to their beliefs. So dont worry about it. God livesin ur heart he wants u to be a good person. Jus dont think much abt whats written der .remember him always as a friend and be a good person dat will auto matically bring u close to him :slight_smile:

12. aj32

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi John! I have been dealing with the same questions. I spent all day crying out to God yesterday. By the end of the day I was convinced that He was no longer listening to me and I had lost His love. But this morning a friend (that had no clue about what I was feeling) posted the song beautiful by mercy me on my wall. It answered all the questions I had been asking. I thought I'd tell you to look the song up. Maybe it will give you the peace it gave me. Praying you find your peace!

13. knowayout

Out Status:
    A few people
    How good is "good enough" ? Answer...Nada! That is why, if you are a Christian, you believe that God payed the ultimate price for our sins. Knowing that there was no other way to redeem us. Forgiveness and love are the most powerful forces in the universe, and these are all we need for salvation.
    Sin SHOULD be defined as "that which iterupts or takes one out of the devine flow". Does your sexuality keep you from being honest, caring, charitable, or loving? If so, then you can call it sin, if not, then you are ok my friend.
    There is a book that you should read if you can find it, by Eric Butterworth "how to break the ten commandments". It might help you understand the misconceptions that most Christian and Jewish groups have thrust upon society.

Blessings

14. patience

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not religious, but I am a Theology minor (go figure) so this is my impression of that whole debaucle:

Jesus came with a New Covenant from God. This New Covenant came with only one requirement: love. Circumcision, food restrictions, and archaic rituals were thrown out of the window as the means by which a human being could attain God's "favor" and a place in heaven with him. By doing this, he created a direct link between humans and God through him. Love unconditionally. Forgive. Help. Pray. These are the only things Jesus asked his people to do. It's a mind-blowing concept really. One that would overhaul the planet if 50% of people adhered to it (and not some skewed, political version of it.) Oops. Got soapbox-y. I digress....

I personally can not believe that Jesus would come here, preach peace, love, and forgiveness, and deny that to you over something as ultimately paltry as your sex life.

That having been said, you have to be ok with YOU. If you are uncomfortable, then you need to find the answers you need to be comfortable. Can you find a member of the clergy or a theologian somewhere in your area that you can get info from? I have a lesbian preacher in my town, so were I in your shoes, that's where I'd go. Or maybe a theology professor at a college nearby?

I hope you find what you need. Best of luck. :slight_smile:

15. SheWhoHasNoName

16. artcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much for this. It makes me feel so much better

17. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Im gay and christian and struggling to be both! I believe you can only live on or the other whole heartedly. Its not easy

18. elietto92

elietto92 Guest

19. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just remember that God didn't write the Bible.

20. June Cleaver

What a great thread! I was brought up Southern Baptist and had a hard time with this. I may be stuck in this male body, but God made me a woman. The way I look at it is if I had lost favor with God, He would stop answering my prayers. June

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.