1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thats what I sound like?!?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mike J, May 1, 2009.

1. Timm

I also hate my voice. When I get nervous, I stutter plus I get this strange lisp.

2. -Michael-

Our voices sound different to ourselves because our skulls vibrate making them sound lower.

I hated my voice not becuase it sounded 'gay' but i thought it was a bit droney.
    but everyone on youtube apparently likes it. D:

And my hair!
    hahah

3. paco

paco Guest

that makes sense, one of my voice (singing) teachers also told me that the bone in our eardrum that vibrates causing us to hear sound disconnects a little when we talk because if it didnt the resonance of our voices would cause us to go deaf... although i havent background checked that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. CometCat

I like my voice mostly, I think its sounds maybe too deep but it doesnt really bother me, only thing that does annoy me is that my voice seems to go higher pitched when I get angry, if that makes sense.

5. mattypants

god, i still hate hearing a recording of myself. definetly not as masculin as id think it to sound. uhggg

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm forced to listen to my voice over and over again. (And if you caught the staff interview, you know how it sounds.) Even though my voice is fairly deep, and I sound pretty conversational, I always focus on the negatives. How nasal I sound. How gay I sound. How bored I sound. Always always always. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Michael1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My Voice Is Kind Of Naturally Gay Sounding When I Hear It When It's Recored,
    But When People Thought I Was Straight No-one Used To Say My Voice Sounded Gay.
    So I've Been Kind Of Putting A Bit Of A Feminine Tone On It, To Make It Obvious To People I'm Gay.
    :icon_bigg

8. paco

paco Guest

my friends were telling me that none of them thought i was gay, one of them thought i was at first but then after knowing me for a little she thought i was just metro. so then i busted out, "oh but i can soo talk gay!" and everyone freaked out.

so, i guess i do talk normally, but i can call out a gay voice on command, is that just a me thing, or can all gay guys just break into that?

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I've noticed that if I'm talking with a bunch of other gay guys, especially if we're talking "gay things", and they've got a heavier gay accent than I do, that I slip more and more into the gay dialect. It's not intentional or mocking - it just sort of happens. :slight_smile:

As far as doing it on purpose, well, I can fake it, but to me, it does sound fake. Much like my French accent. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. someguy82

I luck out in that I have a nice deep voice, although I can't stand how it sounds when I hear a recording of it.

11. Mr Bojangles

I sound like a cross between Billy Connoly and a Leprechaun.

12. Helen

Helen Guest

^According to a friend of Drew's, I sound like the phone operator in the UK XD

13. stymied

stymied Guest

My voice gave me hell when I was little. I took forever to hit puberty and people always told me I sounded like a girl. My voice still sounds gay, but I actually like it!