that one guy u cant stop thinking about

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheAMan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. TheAMan

I'm so going crazy right now because I find myself gaining feelings for one of my best friends again. No he doesn't like boys (so he says) but he knows I'm bi. I told him over the summer last year and he was cool with it. I even asked him out because I was very attracted to him but he turned me down. After that my feelings for him tailed off.

As of late those feelings have started to return and they are stronger than ever. We sit next to each other during choir rehearsal and today I was checking him out more often than I normally do and found myself secretly wishing that we were together. (*hug*)

He's turned me down once and he swears out he doesn't like boys even though his actions say otherwise. We talk about me being bi occasionally but I don't how he would react if I told him that I have feelings for him again. So what should I do? :bang:

2. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As of late those feelings have started to return and they are stronger than ever. We sit next to each other during choir rehearsal and today I was checking him out more often than I normally do and found myself secretly wishing that we were together. (*hug*)
    Well, that'll do it. If you have a crush on someone, then separate from them for awhile, then all of sudden start seeing each other, and in such close proximity, can bring up those old feelings. I had that once. I had this huge crush on an old classmate of mine, back in the 7th grade (and I'm sure he had one on me, too, even though I didn't recognize the signs, which probably explains why he all of sudden started giving me the cold shoulder the following year, and started giving me the evil eye later in the 10th when I had him in my Science class, upset that I didn't recognize the signs and tkae him up on them{even while in the closet}) and I thought I was over him until the 10th grade, when those feelings came up, stronger than ever. I eventually got ove him, but to thiss day I still wonder about him. Every time I hear Adele's "Someone Like You" I automatically think of him.
    Anyway, can you elaborate on how exactly his actions say otherwise?

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As hard as this might be for you at the moment, the best thing would be for you to try moving on as best as you can. Obviously it is going to be hard to create a physical distance between the two of you. That said, you can still try to 'limit' your contact with him for the time being, and also try to get to know new people, and try making some new friends.

Try to immerse yourself in activities that you like, which you can pursue independently of him. Keeping your thoughts busy with other things can help.

Also, when you are thinking about him, don't give these thoughts a lot of attention. They more you do, and they more you recognize these thoughts the stronger they get. Maybe what would help, if and when you think about him, acknowledge the thoughts but keep doing what you were doing.

4. TheAMan

Anyway, can you elaborate on how exactly his actions say otherwise?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

This may sound like stereotyping but he acts really feminine like I do except he does it more than me. He hangs around girls all the time and he talks like a girl most the time. He does a lot of hand gestures, eye rolling, you name it. Now being bi, I don't mind any of this stuff because it's a turn on for me. But whenever we mention the fact we think he's gay, he swears out he's not. I really want to believe him but I'm not convinced.

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2012 at 11:49 PM ----------

I only see him once a week at choir rehearsal and bible study so our contact is already limited. When I think about him it's becoming harder and harder to not pay attention. He's just so cute and he has everything I want in a guy. Pretty hard to ignore a guy like him.

5. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This may sound like stereotyping but he acts really feminine like I do except he does it more than me. He hangs around girls all the time and he talks like a girl most the time. He does a lot of hand gestures, eye rolling, you name it. Now being bi, I don't mind any of this stuff because it's a turn on for me. But whenever we mention the fact we think he's gay, he swears out he's not. I really want to believe him but I'm not convinced.[/QUOTE]

Take him for his word. i'm exactly the same way, way too feminine. He may nott be ready to admit that he's gay or bi. If he is, then reason he's denying is because he's not ready to come out. Of course he could only be just a gay-acting straight guy. Which, fyi, there are some out there like that, just as sure there are straight-acting gay guys. So just give it some time. But don't think to much about it.

But thinking, he's a lot like me. I used to always hang out with the ladies. Actually I still do. I also use the hand motions, I sound like a girl, walk one, etc, and I'm your stereotypical gay guy, and it sounds like he MIGHT be into guys, especially if he doesn't hang out with guys. In fact, I think that's a major point. If he hangs out with only guys, then he's straight. If he hangs out with only girls (which you say he does) then he might be closeted gay. On the other hand, if he hangs out with both sexes, then you really can't know for sure.

If you really want him, the best thing to do is to pull him aside, or stop by his locker, and drop off a note (make sure you let him know in the letter that this is to remain in secret) saying you want to talk to him, but in private. When you guys meet you, try not to put him on the spot then there. Don't make him feel uncomfortable in any way. Just tell him what's been going through your mind, and that what is said between you two stays between you two, and make it a proise that you'l do so. Once he knows that you're willing to keep things a secret for the moment, then you guys can talk more honestly, although it may not happen like that. It all depends on how you approach, what you say, and how he takes it. The only thing you can do here is talk to him frankly...Save any mention of your feelings for him 'til later...

6. TheAMan

Well the thing is I only see him at church once a week for bible study and choir rehearsal. Oh and he hangs around guys too, but he doesn't really seem too excited about it. I mean he gets excited with me but not with the rest of our guy friends. His attitude changes completely when he hangs with girls. He's a lot happier and expresses himself more. Did I mention he dances like a girl too?

And I told him last summer I had feelings for him but he kindly rejected me. Now the feelings are back so should I tell him or wait?

7. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The first thought that came to my mind was "He must be into you." Since his attitude changes when he's with the girls, I think it's safe to safe that he's only truely himself when he's around girls, again reinforcing the thought that he has to be gay.

But the fact that you only see him at church, bible study, or choir might mean that he's trying to turn straight. If you decide to talk to him, you should mention to him that you know some gays that are religious.

As for telling him about your feelings, again, don't mention them until you now for sure that he's gay (or bi) and is into you. Just talk to him, that's all. Again, reiterate that if, and when, you talk to him, make sure he knows that what ever passes between you two stays between you two. Ever heard of the expression, What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas? It's the same principal. Also make sure he knows he can come to you about this without anyone finding out about it. Let him coe to you when he's ready. That's all you have to say to him. Then leave it alone. If he's really into you, then he'll come to you to talk about it. If not, then he won't. Once you tell the above, then the ball is in his court...( I like using that expression, idk why lol)

8. TheAMan

I like that expression too lol! We already have a strong trust in each other. I tell him everything and he keeps all my secrets. He might not tell me everything but he tells me a lot of stuff.

The main reason I'm hesitant about bringing it up is that if he's really straight, he might get mad at me like he did last time. I mean he gets asked that a lot and if he really is straight it has to be really annoying. On the other hand I'm still curious so I really don't know what to do.

9. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, it only gets annoying if it's everyone else. He may not have a problem when it's you asking., know what I mean? He may have a problem hearing it come from other people, but not from you. If you guys are as close as you say, then I guess you can ask him, but before you put the question on the table, tell him that you value your friendship with him, and you don't want to ruin it, or make him mad, but that this question is really started to bug you and you have to ask.

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do you want to ask him, or are thinking about asking him, again if you already have a sense as to how he might react? If he already told you that he is straight, what's the point? :slight_smile:

11. TheAMan

I just have a hard time believing he's straight. I mean he acts like a girl most of the time and he acts out more around them. This leads me to believe that he's either gay or bi or just confused about what he wants.

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2012 at 01:26 AM ----------

That sounds like a great idea. Should I tell him personally or over facebook because I can't wait until next tuesday when I see him again?

12. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Again, do it in person...not through facebook...bad idea...You never know who could hac your account and make it public

13. TheAMan

6 days is a long time to wait but okay.

14. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That may be the case, but it will be worth it (at least I hope so)