1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank You. You know who you are :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Phillip, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Phillip

Today after coming back from vacation, I decided I couldn't hold it in any longer and decided to tell my closest friend. When I brought it up we were laying in the grass beneath some trees in a quiet park, just relaxing. It had been on the tip of my tongue for the past few hours, and I was reaching my breaking point.

"I don't know why but it's really hard to say this. I've been thinking about it for a while and-" I said, hoping for the following words to trail along.
    They didn't. My vision drifted out into the aquamarine sky. With nothing to focus on I could feel the words sitting in my throat. They had planted themselves there, wishing neither to be spoken nor forgotten.
    My eyes closed.
    My mouth moved.
    "I'm Gay."
    The words that were once cinder-blocks, were gone. Did I really just say that? Tears hotter than rays of sunlight graced my cheeks. Beautiful, terrifying silence. And then weightlessness.
    As I opened my eyes, I caught the shimmer of two words floating away. I watched them go. Two words with the weight of cinder-blocks, levitating with the fervor of an escaped balloon.

Today was an amazing day for me, and I wanted to describe as best I could the feeling of telling that first person. I want to thank my friend and the whole of EC from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for listening to my ramblings, telling me to keep going, letting me have my time, and opening yourself up to me unconditionally. I don't know how I could've reached this point without all of you. Especially you, friend. You know who you are :slight_smile:

2. Eleanor Rigby

(*hug*) Congratulations ! I'm happy you're feeling relieved :slight_smile:
    Take care of yourself, Cécile

3. Aeon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    congratulations! so proud of you! :slight_smile:

4. Lotty

Congratulations!!! (*hug*)
    And I just gotta say, man, that was poetic, about watching the words float away...
    Good luck with the rest of the world, you can do it!!!

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people