1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by certified Hotti, Mar 19, 2009.

1. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so here's my story:

Ive been sure of my sexuality since probably early 6th grade but i was always too afraid to tell anyone because at the time i didnt know what people at school would say or even do, so i hid it from everyone, even my parents. In 7th grade i met my best friend who is still my best friend to this day(who ill call A) and another close friend (who i will call B). They were the first people i ever told about my sexuality because i felt comfortable with them knowing and i knew they wouldn't judge me. As the end of 7th grade got closer we became closer as well, and i developed a crush on a boy (V), but was too shy to tell him because boys were so immature at that time. i have always been a pretty bold person and quite outspoken but whenit came to my sexuality, that was not the case, and havign a crush ona boy woudl cause havoc. Anyway, early 8th grade i still had a crush on V (omg he had gotten sooo much cuter over summer break) and i just couldnt keep my it to myself so i told A and B. Not too much after that B and myself ad a huge argument over V because she grew to like him too. She got sooo angry that she actually went up to him(and his friends) and told him that I (a boy) had a huge crush on him and that i had pictures of him in my notebook(which i didnt) n just all kinds of creepy things that made me sound like a psychotic gay guy! Luckily he didnt believe her but he did seem a little different around me, and his friends began to tease me after that but i didnt care.

I was able to handle her telling V about my crush, but the worst was yet to come. About a week after our argument, B called my parents, and told them that i was "a fag and liked every boy at school", and that i had a journal "where i wrote my "secret"" and that they shud look for it to see she wasnt lying. At about 6pm( and i do remember clearly) my parents asked me to come to the living room and sit down. i knew that something was wrong but i was not expecting anything that occured. my mom had tears in her eyes but she wasnt weeping so i asked "whats wrong?". they let me know about the phone call and what that "person" had sed. i immediately began to cry nonstop. There were soooooooo many emotions and thoughts running through my head at one time and i didnt know what to do. this was definetly not how i wanted to come out. After i managed to come down, i told my parents the truth. At that time it just seemed easier to tell them than to deny it and tell them the truth some time later.
    Luckily my parents were very undertstanding. they sed that no matter what i was their son and they loved me regardless. I even found out that one of my dads best friends was gay. They said that they did not care what i chose to be as long as i didnt harm myself and other and continued being myself no matter what.
    After that it was very easy to tell people i was gay because i always worried people would tell my parents, but now that they knew, i did not care. Of course i didnt go out screaming it to the world, but if people asked i was able to confidently say "yes". As for B, i went up to her the monday after she outed me, gave her a hug, and said "thank you". i thanked her because if she hadnt told my parents i would have hid something from my parents probably a lot longer. we no longer speak because even though what she did helped me come out, it was not her respoinsibility to tell my parents such a thing.
    I am glad that this happened in 8th grade because all through high school ive been able to enjoy life living the wat i want to live without hiding anything from my parents (when it comes to boys n stuff), and it definetly allowed me to become more outgoing and confident. i have lots of friends who love me for who i am and because i am just so free spirited and i thank B because what she ment to be a malicious act, was actually one of the best things that has happened to me so far. :slight_smile:

2. Greggers

Aww, That B was a total BITCH but im so glad your parents were good about it! (*hug*) one good experience like that can totally get you in the mood to help come out :slight_smile: Thats a great story, and congrats on all the success! Goes to show, out of all thigns bad can sprout something good :slight_smile:

Side note: I also knew once i hit grade 6, just thought id share :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you!:slight_smile:
    oh really?
    dats awesome.
    yeah middle school was tough! haha

Thanx again.

4. Greggers

Grade 6, crushing on the boy who used to push me around in a playful way :x (contact made me horny in grade 6 hah) and he grew up to be a MEGA hottie, whos dating one of my best fag hags ugh. So awkward. ANYWAYS! Yea np, it was a great story. But just curious, are you and B good friends still? I would drop her like a sack of potatoes then cut the bitch if she pulled that on me!