1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling your friends about EC.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyDiver, Jul 4, 2012.

?

Do you tell your friends about EC?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    78.5%
  1. no way, i couldnt. i wouldnt feel safe everyone knowing my business. i like being a private person.

2. Pain

Pain Guest

My closest friends and my boyfriend (who is on here) know. I try to keep them in my life, and aware of what makes me happy, etc. This site is one of those things. Like when I found out I was a full member, I had to tell someone! Like, I was really down that day, and WHOOSH! 180-degree mood swing :grin:

3. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I second that.

4. peanutbutter

I have never mentioned "EC" I told my best friend that there is a unspeakable code that you never tell anyone you are apart of EC. She said how do people find it, I said like I did, google looking for support.

EC is my place, I would hate for even me best friend, or twin brother to find out I am on here, I'd end up deactivating my account.

It's great to feel a sense fo security, and that there are a lot of people who share this feeling too. i need my own space and this community provides it for me.

5. Kerploop

I haven't told any of my friends about EC , because no one knows I am bisexual. Also, this is my place where I can let me be that other part of me that is bisexual.

6. GingerGuy

I have told two friends (one of whom is openly gay) that I participate in a social network for LGBT people. I did not mention EC directly, but I wish I had done it to the one who is gay. I could have convinced him to join this website.

7. Mad Man L

No. I had a bad experience when my friends found out I was on another forum, and there wasn't even anything sensitive on that website, aside from a few comments bitching about people. There's way too much stuff I don't want them to see on this website. So I don't tell them about it.

8. SkyHunter

SkyHunter Guest

I've told some of my friends and they know I'm a registered user, but I haven't told them my username. However, I wouldn't mind if they found me.

9. IrisM

Yes. My Swedish friend had been encouraging me to join a site like this ever since I came out to them, and so I just told them I had joined one.

10. simon94

I've mentioned I used a forum when deciding to come out, but don't mention the name- most of the stuff I've posted is pretty specific to me, so it wouldn't be hard for anyone to put two and two together.

11. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told one friend (he's gay as well) about it, but I wouldn't tell him or anyone else what my username is, that would sorta defeat the purpose in my opinion. And it would paint myself into posting only in the anon section.

12. sanguine

I tell my friends, I use to use alternative gay forum on the school comps, I doubt they even care, after all the are all straight blokes with better things to do than find other straight people who have the same sexual preference they do

a good friend of mine did make an account here though, but she is a girl and happens to be bisexual also

13. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

My thoughts exactly

14. GayJay

Think my friends would find this more of a joke tbh.
    Would rather keep this space that none of them know about so i can express my true feelings without having to worry they will take the piss
    Plus most of them don't know much about me being trans :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: