1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo Ideas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finally got the cover-up done. Was painful but I sat through it like a boss. Started at 10:36 and done by 12:10 with a 5 minute break to stretch my legs

Attached Files:

2. PrettyinPunk

Congrats! And hey that actually looks really cute as a tattoo! :slight_smile: )Your person does good work.

3. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! :slight_smile:

My artist named him Squishy. She said because he looks so cute that she just wants to squeeze him, lol. She had an opening special at her new shop on Saturday, and I got this tattoo done for half the price that she'd normally charge for something this size. She's really awesome. It hurt like a bitch though, and is still very tender. But I am very happy with the end result.

At this stage, I doubt I'd get any more inkings, even though I really want to. It's not so much about the pain, money or anything like that, but more about my parents' opinions on it. They freaked out (they didn't know I was getting it done) and threatened to kick me out of the house. But they eventually calmed down and we talked it out. I mean, what's the fucking big deal? It's just a tattoo :rolle: It's not like I committed murder or something

4. PrettyinPunk

I think "Squishy" is a fitting name, reminds me of Finding Nemo when Dory finds that little jellyfish.:lol: that's super cool you got it at half price too!

Aw man I'm sorry your getting so much heat from your folks over the tatts. Unless it's meant to be used in an intimidating or hurtful way I can't see the issue. There can be so much beauty and meaning in tattoos.

5. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents are very old-school and not fans of any sort of body modification. They said to me last night, "God doesn't make mistakes - He created each one of us perfectly, according to His Will, and it's a slap in His face if we change our bodies in such ways" I didn't really have a valid argument on that, because they probably have a point... :shrug:

6. PrettyinPunk

Ah I see. Old school imo is only bad if those views become so fixed and rigged you can't see anything else. If it's a clash of beliefs I'm not sure how to avoid it without stopping the ink or leaving. I wonder what are your folks beliefs on people with prosthetic limbs who were born with missing body parts? Or any other disease, or deformity that needed physical modifications In order for the individual to survive?

Now I'm not suggesting you ask them this especially if you've just calmed things down, I'm just curious what you think they'd say. Also I apologize for derailing your thread.:icon_redf

7. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love the idea of getting inked but it took me about three years till i found a design and the right place to have it, I ve been between having an anchor and a peace dove but went for the dove since it represents freedom, flight, travel and peace while the anchor might tie me down too much.
    I had it done on the upper right side of my back close to my right shoulder and about the size of my palm, it's easy to hide and in the same time show off with a tank top.
    I would love to have another one, something that represents love and strength

8. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've raised a good point there :eusa_thin

They don't really look down on people with prosthetics, or other deformities or disabilities. I mean, my dad wears hearing aids and they both wear reading glasses. But they will most likely have their own reasoning for this, and argue that the two are nowhere alike. Which is true I guess because there actually is a difference between altering your appearance in order to lead a better life, and altering your appearance because you fucking feel like it :grin: And the altering I've done is the sort I did because I fucking felt like it! :lol:

It's crazy how twisted people can be sometimes. And how rigid their views are. Oh well, what's done is done, and all they can really do now is learn to live with it. I am, after all, an adult... :shrug:

9. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh, that sounds sooo nice! :slight_smile: I adore the pictures connected with nature for the tattooes, especially with trees and flowers :rolle: And also with the animals or birds, like in this gallery for example 60 Awe-inspiring Tiger Tattoo Ideas - Take a Great Pride In :slight_smile: I'm not a fan of really big tattooes but these ones are the exception! :icon_bigg
    I want to make smth like that on my body in future :rolle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOVE this one! Really awesome and well designed

I'm really in two minds on whether or not to speak to my parents about a tattoo I want. I'm a depression sufferer, struggling with self-harm issues and have been suicidal too, so the semicolon tattoo really has significant meaning to me. I want to have it done behind my ear, but it's bound to be really painful. Not that I've ever been scared off by pain, lol. Getting inked is an addiction for sure!!! Sign me up for IA (Ink Anonymous) - think I have a problem... :lol: Well, it's either behind my ear, or on my wrist. I will speak to my artist and ask which she thinks will work better. Obviously the wrist will be more visible, especially since I sometimes wear my hair down. Can't wait for the end of the month.

I went for a touch-up on my newest tattoo (the cover-up) a month ago, but the old tattoo is still showing through, so my artist said she will have to use some black. I'm letting my thoughts go on that. Thinking that she should make the top part black and let it fade to green. Sure she'd be able to do that, and then I will finally be rid of my Chinese symbol :rolle: The fading from black to green, will be almost like in this tattoo. I think Squishy will look dapper. Will update you guys again once he's completely done :grin:

(Glad to see my thread is still alive :grin:)

11. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always planned dragon wings on my back, as my familiar is a dragon, I'll probably also do a triple goddess on my wrist or my collarbone, haven't decided which yet :slight_smile:

I've always had this notion of doing scales on the rest of my back, and filling each scale with something meaningful to me.

12. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like tattoos with meanings.
    So one day, I'm going to have a pheonix on my shoulder ^^

One of my friends has an infinite sign of her ankle, which I really like ^^

13. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the idea of scales and filling each with something meaningful. Bet it'd look awesome!

Sounds great!

My brother in law's sister put an infinite sign with "charms" consisting of the faith-love-hope symbols (Cross, heart, anchor) on her foot. It seems to be a trend at the moment, as with the Chinese symbols, astrology signs, faith-love-hope, feathers and stars. But even though the "trends" only remain for a while, the meaning behind it will always be there. I have a faith-love-hope tattoo on my arm

14. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Norse runes, magikal sigils or protection symbol but that's just me

15. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the fictional universe where I'm thin and buff lol, I want to do a dragon on one of my shoulder blades and down my arm. Not sure which side.

I love Demi Lovato's arm tattoos (the birds, and the cross) I want to do a cross on the inside of my left wrist, and maybe a bird(s) or something like that above it, going up my arm.

16. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tattoos (usually) have a special meaning to the individual, so even though it might not make sense to others, it's something special to you, and since you're the one having to live with it permanently, it's you choice to make :slight_smile:

Oh wow, the dragon will look epic! I also want a dragon tattoo, but on my left arm. It's going to be a unique design, because I want hibiscus flowers with it (It'll look as if the dragon is sitting between hibiscus flowers). The dragon will be blue and green, and the flowers purple. But my parents aren't so crazy about tattoos, so I will wait till I have money to move out, then have it done. My next tattoo is going to be a semicolon tattoo behind my ear. I already ran it by my parents, and though they weren't exactly thrilled, they said that I'm going to do it anyway so they can't stop me. I felt terrible but at least they sort-of gave me permission to have it done. Don't get me wrong, I'm 28 and actually don't NEED anyone's permission, but seeing as I live with my parents, I have to think carefully about what I do because I'm dependent on them for a roof over my head...

#36 Ruby Dragon, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016