1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a step

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Capecodder, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Capecodder

Capecodder Guest

Hi ec. I was pointed here after posting in another place on the site. I have been divorced for a few years and was really only with one woman most of my life. Being single has made think about dating men, but I'm just sure if I can go through with it without becoming too nervous. Any help from those who have felt the same or might understand what I'm going through would be great.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC!

I'm sure being single is not a causative factor for homosexuality, lol! You obviously have been harbouring such feelings for a long time and it's time now to explore the possibilities.

Assuming you have found someone suitable, who plays safe and who is gentle and considerate, you will probably be awkward the first time anyway. The only cure for the nervousness is a sense of adventure and excitement, overlaid with an acute sense of humour!

You will probably have a set of things you won't do, then, when you feel more comfortable, you will find that list to be getting shorter and shorter, it's nature taking over...just enjoy it; it is the quintessential adult way to play.

#2 greatwhale, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013