1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suicidal need help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by i7025, Nov 22, 2018.

1. i7025

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    please help me i am suicidal. I was in a mental hospital for a suicide attempt and i stayed in there for 2 weeks. i dont trust myself outside of the mental hospital because while i was in there i had suicidal and self harm thoughts.

2. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Breathe.... Take some good, clean breaths. Will you watch a talk about breathing and grief therapy for me? I will watch right now with you, because it's good for me too and I haven't seen it in a while. Sound good?

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling right now and feel suicidal. These are difficult feelings and you have done the right thing in talking about them in this thread. The very worst thing you can do when you are feeling suicidal is to remain silent and try to keep a lid on all of the distress and emotional turbulence.

You spent time in hospital for a suicide attempt and I'm wondering if they provided you with details or crisis services when your were discharged? If not, could you contact the hospital and tell them that you are struggling with suicidal thoughts again so they can help and support you?

According to your profile, you are based in the United States, so I would refer you to this page if you need immediate help and support: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Use this thread to tell us more about the feelings that are leading to the suicidal thoughts, if you can. Maybe if you tell us what is going on behind the suicidal thoughts we'll be able to offer some advice or support so things seem more bearable.

Don't bottle things up or remain silent. It really is the worst thing you can do.

UMedusa likes this.
  4. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am so sorry things feel so bleak. Please continue to reach out for help. Call a hotline or a trusted friend or family member. (800)273-TALK (8255)

UMedusa likes this.
  5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i7025.....I've been where you are...when everything feels so hopeless and you feel completely trapped with no way out. The thing is that depression lies to you. Your life is not and never has been hopeless! If you feel comfortable in doing so, could you share a little more about what has lead you to this place in your life? We'd like to help and having some background would help us to help you. When things get really bad, please do as @PatrickUK suggested and use the link he provided. You are a part of our wonderful LGBTQ Family and we do want to help!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: