1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly Attracted Males

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by branflakes, Aug 21, 2012.

1. branflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So all my life ive never really dated anyone. Ive never had a need or want to start a relationships with someone. Ive never labeled my sexuality before but Id say it was asexual before a week ago. I was at this dance performance that my friend was in and afterwards one of the girls from her class started shamelessly flirting with me. Whenever people flirt with me, I just tell them I'm not interested or...change the subject or anything to get the uninterested and its been mostly girls and twice a guy. I just never gave dating much thought and nobody ever....questioned me about the subject. So anyways, this girl was flirting with me and my friend says "Oh don't do that Cassidy, he's gay"

Foe some reason that hugged me and I started thinking about what she had said. If people call me gay its usually either joking or being mean, since I have been very effeminate all my life and interested in fashion and theatre and dance, which people assume are gay hobbies. Other than thinking about it I started looking at guys and having sexual thoughts and it hit me like a ton of bricks "Wow I am gay." I don't know if this is because....I really am. Or because its what people expect me to be. I'm just confused right now. Ive never given girls a chance so....maybe Im not really gay. It could he a phase. I haven't told anyone my thoughts yet and any input would he welcome :slight_smile:

2. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel when you say that you get called gay and your not sure if you're really gay or if you just think it because that's what everyone else expects ( kind of like some subliminal message kind of thing ) and I just kind of sat down and thought to myself about it and I'm pretty sure I'm just generally gay and everyone else has picked up on it.
    I'm not really sure what to say to you but I just thought I'd let you know you're not alone in the way your thinking and you can message me or w/e if you need some support or anything :slight_smile: