1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden Arousal after 18 years?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LivingInLyric, Oct 30, 2011.

1. LivingInLyric

So it's pretty embarrassing, and I've got no one here I could talk to about this, but I figured I'd come to my lovely friends at EC -huggle-

Recently I've been feeling really turned on. I just finished my period last week, so I'm not sure if it's been attributed to that. Ever since I turned 18, I've been experiencing sort of a "sexual awakening" - finally feeling sexual attraction to people, understanding who I like etc. Do you think it's strange that it's taken so long for my hormones to "kick in"? Why do you think this is so sudden?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont know if its the same thing but when I first discovered my sexuality and started coming out I had a sexual awakening, perhaps you are feeling more comfortable with yourself.

3. MommaFrog

Silverhalo is right. It's more of a mental thing than your hormones... If you started menstruation and breast development, then those hormones have been active. Your mind was just not ready to accept the feelings of attraction yet.