1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Study shows trans kids know who they are

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainbowGreen, Feb 13, 2019.

1. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    https://www.theatlantic.com/science...h4Azx4cBDcoGf9wlhlSmOOc4ky0MTg4Nb6JMcpYjZY9OA

I found this little study while I was browsing on Facebook, and it was a very interesting read.

Essentially, they surveyed 85 gender non-conforming kids, later on looked at who transitioned and who didn't, and then went back to see if there was anything different between the earlier results of kids who transitioned compared to those who didn't.

Hopefully, we can see studies like that on a bigger scale later on.

2. cgrumms

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally haven't read the study you're referring too, but I have heard that the mindset to be transgender happens in the womb. (not the being trans is a mindset but I couldn't think of another way to put it, don't @ me)

3. E10H1M

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't think being trans is a "mindset" so to speak but I do think there is a brain related reason for being trans/you are born with it. I remember reading studies showing that its a hormonal thing when you are in the womb. I'm not a scientist though so I'm not really sure how to explain it.