1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with myself.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tm74, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>That obviously includes the physical aspects of a relationship - I need company, I need companionship, I need friends I can be myself with - and who understand me. sex is a long way down the list of things I want at the moment...

It's surprising how this kicks in when the other stuff is being handled. Suddenly, you not only want to chat with him, and share things with him, but you want to commit the serious snugglebunnies with him, too...

Lex

2. EM68

That's is exactly how I felt. At first I was looking for just companionship to do things with maybe kiss. Now it the the situation presents its self... well...

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You're welcome. Feeling hot is important though. :slight_smile: And I think the first step to FEELING alive and sexy is to overcome the facade of ugliness you believe you bear.

Go here: http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?p=418876#post418876

And I think for older gay men, no offense meant, that companionship and a sense of belonging is excruciatingly important. I tihnk when we lose our sex drive or it diminishes that we truly seek what is REALLY important in a relationship...that we've dumped our crazy immaturities and seek real adultship.

4. tm74

tm74 Guest

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Have you tried joining a LGBT support group? Having someone to relate to can help and go along way in trying to understand ourselves. Support groups are a great way to get to know members of the LGBT community and you might not feel as alone anymore. If there is a LGBT support group in your area and you feel comfortable with the idea of joining, why not give it a try?

6. tm74

tm74 Guest

Yes, I've thought about such things, but haven't found the right combination of words to type into Google yet to locate one. Any other UK'ers got any suggestions (PM me if you can't post the link here)