1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stressed Out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Immaunicorn, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Immaunicorn

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'll get straight to the point: I am stressed out. I feel like I am positively drowning in schoolwork, activites, and personal issues. I don't know how to deal with it, and it's slowly murdering my soul. How can I feel completely calm and relaxed, even if only for a minute? Please give me some tips. Thank you. :slight_smile:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The advice I desperately need to take myself is: Whenever you find something coming up that you need to do, put it on a list along with the deadline if applicable. Eventually you'll have everything written down which allows you to prioritize and focus. :slight_smile:

#2 Argentwing, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  3. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As far as personal issues, my go-to is to rant about it in a journal. If you don't have a journal then a random scrap of paper will do (or a new document, if you prefer typing). That gets the worst of it out, and then I can deal with it from there.

Personally part of what stresses me out is thinking I have x things to do, and then remembering 'Oh, and on top of that I have this, and this, and this...!'
    So I'd second having a list. That way I have it all out in front of me and can see 1) it isn't as much as I thought it was, or 2) at least now I know everything I have to get done!

And from there, take a deep breath. Sit down or lie down and listen to your favorite song a couple times, or go fix yourself something nice to eat or drink. Or both, if you want. And then start on the list one thing at a time, whatever's most urgent first.
    After a while you should be able to knock off a couple of items, so take another music/snack break (or maybe a nap, if those items were essays or something big haha). Rinse and repeat. You got this! :thumbsup: