1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress buster activity?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by teluphone, Nov 23, 2012.

1. teluphone

I've been super stressed over exams and was wondering if anyone have any relaxation techniques they found to keep one relaxed and motivated to continue studying instead of procrastinating :icon_wink

2. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I normally munch on chocolate chips while studying :slight_smile: Another technique is to get away from your desk and study your textbook somewhere else. I normally curl up on a couch in front of a big window at the local library with my textbook. It relaxes me while I'm studying and prevents distractions.

3. Artemicion

...I just drop everything and go sing karaoke for three, four hours straight. Then get back to work and stuff.

4. canuck

Walk away from the books for a few hours. What's your favourite thing to do? Do that. It should totally clear your mind and you will be stress free for a bit. Return to studying and repeat if needed.

5. rday13

rday13 Guest

Some things I've found helpful:

1) Hanging out with friends for a set amount of time. It clears your head, puts you in better spirits and gets you away from your work for say...two hours. Don't talk about school - come back and pursue your homework with newfound zeal!

2) Meditation can help some people clear their minds

3) Baking something generally helps me get my mind off things; and provide a tasty treat to go with coffee later :grin:

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2012 at 07:49 AM ----------

Some things I've found helpful:

1) Hanging out with friends for a set amount of time. It clears your head, puts you in better spirits and gets you away from your work for say...two hours. Don't talk about school - come back and pursue your homework with newfound zeal!

2) Meditation can help some people clear their minds

3) Baking something generally helps me get my mind off things; and provide a tasty treat to go with coffee later :grin:

6. starmarie

starmarie Guest

I'm not sure if you like classical music or if music distracts you, but I find that listening to classical music when I'm studying or doing homework (especially homework that I find more difficult) helps me focus. I think classical music lowers your brainwaves and helps you relax, or something like that. That is if it doesn't drive you crazy.

7. teluphone

majority of what i do is listen to music. I still have 4 more papers left which will all finish up by this friday. The only actual activity i sometimes do is do few sets of push ups and sit ups but it gets a little tiresome tbh

8. 807

Breathing is a good way of reducing stress. Close your eyes & slow your breathing a little, when that feels comfortable, imagine the air you are breathing in has millions of glistening particles in it. These are relaxing. You can feel it at your toes & finger tips..It tingles gently & pleasantly. As you breath out your breath is black & full of all that nasty stress. Now once again breath in that glistening, relaxing air & feel it gently starting to move around your body. Gently tingling & relaxing as it starts to cover your whole body. Again you breath out black stress..Continue this for as long or as little time as you have.
    The above can be a good way to get to sleep too. It gives a very good sleep.

9. sunnii

Yoga certain poses are supposed to be good for stress such as the tree but also breathing techniques such as alternative nostril breathing and the humming bee breath are great for calming you down

10. cbro1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    running and gym helps me. also listening to music that isn't distracting, but helps you get in the zone while studying too. just sitting all day studying really made me cranky lol.

11. teluphone

Well 2 days to go till my last paper. Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. totally help me feel relief and now i can concentrate on my last two papers

12. rday13

rday13 Guest

Good luck! Just take it in stride - be calm, relax, do your best and you will be fine :grin: