1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Sex Dream?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Time, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Time

I had a sex dream last night..but it was with a girl. Not the first time it's happened, but it is the first time it's happened since I've come to terms with being gay. I guess I enjoyed it a little bit, but I woke up very confused. I'm not really sure what to make of this. Any advice? =/

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sometimes get those... but well, I am bi-curious. To me they're normal.

3. 24601

Don't let it weigh on you or dwell on it. Dreams are not reality, and really have little meaning. If you dwell on it you'll make it into more than it really is and only confuse yourself more. Go with your gut - you know yourself best. What was true yesterday isn't untrue today because of a dream. I've had a similar experience, and this is truly the best thing you can do.

4. Étoile

Dreams are complex and strange things that occur when we sleep. They often having other meanings than what we think. Other than telling you 'I want to have sex with a girl!', maybe the dream ws trying to tell you something else. Hell, I once had a dream where I was having sex with a redheaded woman who had the lower body of a tarantula! When I woke up, not only was I confused, I was also disgusted and disturbed.:icon_eek:

I remember looking on a dream anaylzing website where they talked about all types of dreams. I remember them stating that if you had a dream about having sex with the opposite sex, then you were just confidant with your sexuality if you were gay or something along the lines of that.

5. Time

Hmm, ok. Thanks for all the advice. I guess I'm just reading too much into it. I have to be myself :slight_smile:

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

sometimes we dream about things we wouldn't enjoy in real life. same for fantasies. sometimes we dream about things we have a hidden attraction for. either way, i wouldn't let it bother you, so long as you enjoyed it. you can still be gay. :lol:

7. divadarya

Carl Jung theorized about the "Anima" and "Animus"; out inner female and male selves who are there as spiritual guides for us. If you didn't know this girl, she was probably your Anima, and making love to her could mean that you are integrating the female aspects of yourself into yourself successfully..embracing them, as it were....

8. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Dreaming about sex is sweet. Just be glad you had a sweet dream and not a nightmare :slight_smile:

9. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just because you had sex in a dream with someone does not mean you want to actually have sex with them. Often times sex can be interpreted symbolically to mean you are dominating something or becoming one with it, etc. considering you are a gay male having sex with a woman in this dream after coming out, perhaps it is representative of you embracing your more feminine nature.

10. Time

Thanks again for all of the advice. You all are good at analyzing dreams. One more question.

While thinking over this dream, I remembered what happened at the end. I remember leaving knowing we didn't use protection and that we went all the way, in turn causing worry among myself about her being pregnant. What could this possibly mean?

11. Psychedelic Bookmarks

it means that you're a sensible and considerate guy. :slight_smile: and, that you have a scarily good grip on logic while dreaming (i have no logic asleep)

12. DreaminCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I can help but it would be easier if I explained with one of my own dreams...

In my dream I was in my car and something bad was going on behind me (don't remember what it was) So I put the keys in and start to go. I get up to twenty and the engine starts to bog down and I slow down. I let of the gas a little and the engine returns to normal rpm. I press on the gas and it bogs down again. In the end, I get out and just run. And everythings fine.

Now in RL I've been really pissed off for about a week for several close-knit reasons. (my dreams don't always tie into itself so well so your probably won't either)

First, I lost one of the lenses to my glasses... so I can't see for shit (which has prevented me from getting my license thus nulling my ability to drive.) ; second, the same day I lost my lense is also marked as the same day my snowmachine started bogging down because the belt keeps catching on the (I think it's called...) drive pulley.

Now, it's well understood that our brains proccess information in many different ways (it's all it does ALL DAY LONG...), but there's not a lot of time to process the emotions that accompy all this information. Dreams help us deal with the emotions by allowing us to relive the situations (not exactly in the way you experienced it, but in a way that you would emotionally react similarly) and let us sort through them the moment you wake up.

In my dream I couldn't drive because the car engine bogged down. You see the connection? Lense... Snowmachine... License... No Car... anyways...

In this case the message is, "Fix it what you can and move on."

Maybe your dream is saying you can't wait to have sex (again?), but somewhere else in your life there is a girl who is important to you that might need your attention.... Good Luck!

#12 DreaminCali, Feb 10, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  13. Time

That was a very interesting analysis. Thank you.
    It's very possible. My boyfriend and I haven't had sex for a couple weeks and I guess I do kind of miss that, and I always feel like I'm neglecting my friendship with some of my best female friends. I think you're heading in the right direction.

14. DreaminCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :grin: Well I hope it helps..

#14 DreaminCali, Feb 10, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  15. step49x

I had a dream once about having sex with a girl. It was with someone I just knew from online. It was weird. I was also insanely horny, as I hadn't masturbated in a while. Anyways, I really just ignored it.

Not sure if that helps or anything, I just felt like posting it.

16. Time

I had another dream last night. This time, I didn't enjoy it. I was with 4 other guys around my age in my sister's bedroom at some sort of sleep over. Two of them I knew from school, two of them I didn't recognize, but the two I didn't know were obviously gay and in a relationship because they kept kissing and slept really close together. After seeing this, I involuntarily went over and kissed the guys from school one after the other. I don't find either of them attractive at all. They both had bad breath too and were bad kissers.

I'm very confused now.

17. josephaustin92

Seriously i wouldn't worrie because it is only a dream and most dreams don't make sense and there may be a deeper meaning to it .

18. DreaminCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That seems like it's just a non-sense dreem. I had one last night, how often do you get to ride a dirt bike down the highway at 120 mph running over stars from Supermario DS?

19. Nerdtendo

A Straight Adult guy told me that he had a few dreams about being with another guy that he got an off too, so from his experince, I think it dosent really matter when it comes to a dream.

Of corse, you might be bi, but thats your call.

20. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i've had hateful sex dreams, with people i would never want. these things are very random. don't let it get to you - if you get interesting ideas or helpful insights from it, great, but if not, just ignore it :slight_smile: