1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight? Or Bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Aria11, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Aria11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Up until a couple months ago, I was fairly certain I was straight. Lately however, I've been thinking I might be bi. Does anyone have any advice, or tips about figuring my sexuality out?

2. Jolly Roger

I was like that a couple of months ago as well. The way I "figured it out" was through a long period of self analysis, additionally I talked to people who had gone through the process and started to be more generally open with myself. Everyone is different, but I believe that the best thing you can do is just be yourself, you could consider yourself straight one day and then any other sexuality another, who cares. And if your in a safe place and state of mind you could experiment as well, that's basically what I did and it taught me a lot about myself.

3. sedgeling

Just keep your mind open, and just continue on with your life. When you try to read too deeply into your actions and feelings, you tend to sort of obsess over it, which isn't a healthy mindset to have. I used to do that, and I wasn't happy when I did. When I finally just took a step back and allowed the pieces to fall as they would, I felt much happier about it. It also made it easier to see how I really did feel and who I was attracted to. So, just give yourself time, live life, gain experiences, and I think you'll know later on down the road.

4. Lyana

Excellent advice here. I like sedgeling's way of seeing it. Obsessing is probably not going to help, but being open to whatever comes along, and telling yourself that whomever you like, it's okay, that will help.

Figuring out your orientation is answering these questions: Which gender(s) do I get crushes on? Which gender(s) could I fall in love with? Which gender(s) I am attracted to? Which gender(s) do I want to date?

You don't have to be able to answer them right now, just realize that whatever the answer is, it's going to be fine.

Maybe if you tell us a bit more about yourself and why you're questioning, we can help you more. Anyway, just don't let this stress you out too much. ♥

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say that if you feel straight one day and bi the next then you are probably not 100% straight and if you are looking for a label (not that they are important) I would probably go for not straight or bisexual.

6. bi2me

What led to your questioning? Did you have a trigger or attraction? Welcome!

7. Aria11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the advice everyone!